Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Got a Harmonica

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 leolinden

leolinden

Pretzel Member

• 427 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:38 AM

I was at a music store and decided to buy a harmonica. I bought a cheap one and been watching Youtube tutorials about it. Been playing a bit everyday. Anyone else play the harmonica?

• The Professor, MaximumRD, greenween and 2 others like this

young Atari lover

#2 The Professor

The Professor

• 986 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:30 PM

That's really cool Leo! Are you going to post a video of you playing the harmonica?

#3 leolinden

leolinden

Pretzel Member

• 427 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 05:53 PM

I might, I'm working on a couple new series for my channel, I'm going to make some BIG changes to the channel this summer.

young Atari lover

#4 Yo-Yo

Yo-Yo

Apple Member

• 548 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:51 AM

I want to see you play your harmonica Leo!
Welcome to the short bus.

#5 leolinden

leolinden

Pretzel Member

• 427 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:33 PM

I might eventually. I could put it on my backup channel.

young Atari lover

#6 Dan Iacovelli

Dan Iacovelli

Pretzel Member

• 403 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:16 PM

you've been MIA in chat lately hope to see in chat on weds

AVC Online: avc.atari-users.net

VGS website: http://videogamesummit.net

#7 leolinden

leolinden

Pretzel Member

• 427 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:52 PM

I'll be more active in summer. Just waiting for school to end.

young Atari lover

#8 dauber

dauber

Orange Member

• 184 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:42 PM

So here I am necrobumping. :) I play harp on and off. Took some blues harp classes at the Old Town School of Folk Music; had the honor of being instructed by Joe Filisko a couple of times, too....

Take my word for it: invest some money in a couple of good Hohner Marine Band diatonics. They're about $25 to $30 a pop but they're great quality. Get a B-flat harp and an A harp -- those are good blues harps. (They're actually meant primarily to be played in F and E, respectively: good blues keys!) Marine Bands are the gold standards. The Special 20s have plastic combs, and the non-Special 20 Marine Bands have wood combs. Different players prefer the wood combs for overall timbre, but I prefer the plastic combs because 1) they're easier to bend notes on, and 2) they won't absorb moisture. (But many players take apart their harps -- not easy with a Marine Band -- and seal the wood combs with beeswax though to prevent moisture buildup.)
  • jmjustin6 likes this

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.

#9 dauber

dauber

Orange Member

• 184 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:13 PM

Just a few minutes ago I bought a Special 20. Needed one in Ab for a class. Holy CRAP, those things list price nearly DOUBLED in the last few years!!! List price is over $50....cripes...luckily the store where I got it 1) is non-profit and 2) discounts them significantly, but....youch...

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users