Halt and Catch Fire

leolinden

I started watching the show because I've been seeing a lot of stuff about it recently.... It is an amazing show. I was up until 2 in the morning watching it and I now get your name Yo-Yo. I can't wait to watch the new season when it is out on Netflix or watch it at a friend's house (We got rid of cable because none of us ever watched it).

Retro obsessed dude

Great show, I know some go way over with the "But this is wrong and that is not accurate" HEY I am the biggest nerd, they make a good and interesting show that is sort of a reflection of a fictional company that obvious takes cues from things that went down with some good fan service thrown in, I take it for what it is, it is not a documentary, honestly we are lucky to just have a show like this lol. Oh and Cameron is pretty hot. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

I've only taken the time to watch the first episode and really enjoyed it. Wanted to see more but it's kind of been on the back burner for some time now as I prefer to somewhat binge watch my series, like I just did with Silicon Valley the other day. Haven't had Netflix in a while but I'll be signing up again for it soon so I can burn through these two seasons as well :D

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

Halt and Catch Fire Season 3 premieres tonight on AMC! Episodes 1 and 2 air tonight starting at 9/8c. The show picks up in 1986 with Mutiny moving out to Silicon Valley. We may be leaving the popular Atari era and moving into the age of Nintendo but this is a great show and should still be a fun trip back! Check your local listings.

Halt-S3-Key-800x600-insiders.jpg

I started watching this show and only got about three episodes in or maybe four of season one, I personally don't know what happened and why I didn't return to it, YT I suspect after all this time I'd have to start from episode one again :( , I think the likes of game of thrones and walking dead got in the way, followed by stranger things, but I must return to it as its a huge part of my computer growing up days and was impressed with the accuracy of the shows timeline events and computer interests, I will have to return to it at some stage.

Unofficial Atari: a Visual History

WWW.GREYFOXBOOK.COM

Loved this season. Also pleased to see Cooper Andrews aka Yo - Yo is now on another show I enjoy THE WALKING DEAD ! 

post-15-0-30905700-1478035035.jpg

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

The real Cooper Andrews follows us on Instagram. He seems like a great guy! You can follow him at smugorange

attachicon.gifcooper_andrews.jpg

That's awesome ! 

- M. Bison

So I jumped from Season 2 to now Ep 3 of Season 4 and it's almost over. Kind of a bizarre time jump and series of events but man did the AOL CD thing really hit home. It's like you couldn't go anywhere in the 90s without an AOL disc or disk being shoved down your retinal holes lol

Really loving the series! Did everyone already finish it off? Think I would classify it almost as a mini series now.. .

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

I finished watching it; they really did fast forward things to the 90's, but it felt right at the same time for the flow of the show. Was really sad to see it end, but I enjoyed every episode and the way they finished things at the end of the series. I'm really glad it didn't get cancelled at the end of season 2 as rumored; it would have been AN ending, but not the ending this show deserved.

I thought that the show had great character development.  The main players were always trying a new way to connect with themselves and other people.  I binge watched it on Netflix over the past week and was very happy with the show overall.

Yes, there are a few nitpick things, but overall, I give it a 8.5 out of 10.  

So, for those of you that have seen it...what do you think Donna's last great idea was that she was pitching to Cameron as the show was ending?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Mid 1990's silicon valley...