Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Show Off Your Successful Trades!

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#361 Ballblaɀer

Ballblaɀer

Pretzel Member

• 417 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:19 PM

NSG traded me back the Xonox double-ender that I traded to him a while back (thanks for hanging onto it!)... plus a STACK of 2600/7800 manuals.  :thumb:

33882659795_2be693710e_c.jpg

• RickR, nosweargamer and Rowsdower70 like this

#362 Starbuck66

Starbuck66

Orange Member

• 113 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:51 AM

So part of this was a trade, part of it was cash, and part of it was just plain ol generosity from none other than RickR! I just have to thank him again for sending me, for the cost of shipping alone, a functioning Atari 5200 with a copy of Pac Man! We did a trade for the two controllers (also generous as eBay has shown me they go for quite a bit!), and I have been thoroughly enjoying this system! Once you get used to the controllers its pretty fun, although admittedly some games are easier to control than others.

I just thought I would post my entire collection in a pic, but for details on how I scored the other carts see http://forums.atari....-of-5200-games/

EaneI88h.jpg

• MaximumRD, greenween, RickR and 2 others like this

#363 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,035 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:54 AM

So part of this was a trade, part of it was cash, and part of it was just plain ol generosity from none other than RickR! I just have to thank him again for sending me, for the cost of shipping alone, a functioning Atari 5200 with a copy of Pac Man! We did a trade for the two controllers (also generous as eBay has shown me they go for quite a bit!), and I have been thoroughly enjoying this system! Once you get used to the controllers its pretty fun, although admittedly some games are easier to control than others.

I just thought I would post my entire collection in a pic, but for details on how I scored the other carts see http://forums.atari....-of-5200-games/

EaneI88h.jpg

Are they Ricks special reconditioned controllers with the aluminum foil?

#364 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,059 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:02 AM

Here's the other half of the trade.  Games from Starbuck.  Thanks!! 

Attached Thumbnails

• arcadia 2001 002.JPG

Edited by RickR, 24 April 2017 - 11:02 AM.

• nosweargamer, jmjustin6 and Starbuck66 like this

#365 chas10e

chas10e

Pretzel Member

• 333 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

I just thought I would post my entire collection in a pic, but for details on how I scored the other carts see http://forums.atari....-of-5200-games/

EaneI88h.jpg

:atari_5200:  I could totally see that console being made a "Mad Max edition" ... of course you might need someone to develop a home-brew with that theme as well ;)

Custom-LEGO-Mad-Max-War-Rig-Truck.jpg

• Starbuck66 likes this

#366 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,059 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:32 PM

It looks like it has a face and gremlin ears to me. 

• Rowsdower70 and chas10e like this

#367 chas10e

chas10e

Pretzel Member

• 333 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:25 PM

It looks like it has a face and gremlin ears to me. 

yeah I can see that now :P

#368 Starbuck66

Starbuck66

Orange Member

• 113 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:32 PM

Character guys, it has character  :emoji-E420:

• RickR likes this

#369 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,059 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

It does indeed.  And it works well.  I used that rig for testing controllers, and was always amazed with the perfect video quality. 

I'm just happy it's gone to a good home.  And thank you for being a good sport about the slow shipping.  We ended up using USPS Parcel Select, and it took forever.  But that was the lowest price option. 

• Rowsdower70 and Starbuck66 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users