Show Off Your Successful Trades!

Zontar

Here we go.  From Rowsdower.  Three handheld games (have I mentioned I'm a sucker for these?)  And the cool hat.  And a game I haven't opened yet. 

Armor Battle needed a clean.  Works great!  Did I mention the Mattel handhelds are my favorites?  Missing the battery cover, but RickR does not care.  A working game = smiling RickR. 

Pac Man 2 - needed some cleaning, and the controls didn't quite work.  Repaired that with some soapy water and electrical contact cleaner.  It's actually a lot of fun with an elaborate maze.  For the two game, player 2 controls the ghosts!  How cool is that?  I'll tell you what, playing the 2 player game with only 1 player == the easiest time clearing the maze I've ever had!  Take that "Blinky" -- if that's even your real name. 

Dracula - needed the power switch cleaned up, but works great now.  It was hard to take apart because it needed a special screwdriver.  Found the right one if my magical toolbox.  Once you take it apart...there were springs and even a ball bearing to carefully keep track of inside.  This game is totally cool. It has multi-color graphics and some really nice sound.  Rowsdower says it has more than one screen...but it's so dang difficult, I can't get by the first screen!  And check out the "magnified" screen.  It must have the evil power of Dracula...because my camera can't focus on it.  It's really just a piece of clear film kind of bent into a parabola shape.  But cool.  Very cool.  The battery cover is cracked.  Rowsdower temporarily repaired that with a sticker.  I think I'll leave that as-is.  Otherwise, my fingers will end up glued to something. 

THANK YOU!

post-41-0-96694500-1441473558_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-89089000-1441473560_thumb.jpg

Edited by RickR

lhgkES2.jpg

Another great trade with the NoSwearGamer!  

Lots of extra goodies this time, so I must have done something right. ;)

Thanks again NSG!

No prob! The box had some extra room, so I turned it into a mini junk box.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

At-At Commander built a fort out of the Awesome Trade I got from Rowsdower

(The Detroit Lions card included is playing Hide n Seek....and is currently winning)

post-303-0-65871600-1442624011_thumb.jpg

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

post-41-0-08187500-1443757265_thumb.jpg

Here's what I got in trade from Rowsdower70.  It's a long story.

My PS2 died.  So I contacted Rowsdower, who nicely arranged this trade.  And then while the fat PS2 was on the way to me, I found the slim at a thrift store for $15!  So now I have two.  Father and son. 

Rowsdower is a lifesaver, and he brings good luck!  And Magic cards. 

Here's what I got in trade from Rowsdower70.  It's a long story.

My PS2 died.  So I contacted Rowsdower, who nicely arranged this trade.  And then while the fat PS2 was on the way to me, I found the slim at a thrift store for $15!  So now I have two.  Father and son. 

Rowsdower is a lifesaver, and he brings good luck!  And Magic cards. 

Awesome I love hearing stories like that, good on you  Rowsdower70  :thumb:

I also have that combo, a slim and a original "phat" PS2, I am incredibly impressed with the slim but there is just something about the original even if it is just nostalgia, though not my original I associate my mother (who passed a few years ago too young) back when the original came out, I was living on my own and I had a birthday coming up, I knew it was a bit much to ask but I really sold her on the idea of how it would be so great because it was the awesome new game console from SONY and it could even double as a DVD player! Well, she swung it and got it for my birthday and I had so many amazing gaming experiences on it but the circumstances on how I got it mean much more to me these days.  ;)

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Another great trade from RickR!

Just look at that killer gun controller!

That is indeed one sweet gun! Don't go waving it around outside lol. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Some early-2000s classics and an In-N-Out sticker!!! Yayyys!

Rowsdower,'are you gonna share the Texas spirit and send him a Whataburger sticker in return?

Now THAT is a good idea!   Mel Tillis approves!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Is sure is and I already started scanning it!

The same INTV catalog is available here: http://classicgameroom.com/vaultpages/vaultpage/1982-intellivision-catalog-intellivision/?gallery

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne