Dark Tower

greenween

It is officially the greatest game ever made.  There is a one person tutorial game. Meant for two to four though.  You work your way around the board counter clockwise through 3 different territories, each one contains a key( bronze, silver and gold of course) and then mass your forces to attack the tower! Different diificulty levels determine the final battle in the tower! D &D brought to life, great game and worth every penny!!!

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

I had a good friend who lived a couple blocks away. His parents got divorced in 81'. In an attempt to buy his love, this kid had everything ever!!!! I mean everything! I remember his mom paying $55 for Asteroids for 2600 the day it came out!!!

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

@greenween I've been catching up on all of these older threads since I'm new here, this game looks really cool. It's the epitome of early '80s toys. The way they took a traditional board game and added simple electronics and RPG elements is pretty sweet. Board games and tabletop games are underrated, families still get together around that stuff even if it's dominos or checkers!

BTW I think it's really cool they made room in this forum for stuff like comics, old movies, classic toys and tabletop games. I think there's a lot more to Atari culture than classic gaming, it's everything that was going on at the time too.

Don't forget the GCE Vectrex Dark Tower prototype game that never got released!

Included the bin and overlay for emulation.

post-52-0-77428200-1486501469_thumb.jpg

post-52-0-51287300-1486501574.jpg

Darktower (unreleased)(U).pdf

dark_tower_v2.pdf

DarkTower.BIN

post-52-0-39078900-1486501663_thumb.png

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Is this prototype of "Dark Tower" a completed prototype for the Vectrex? I am understandably curious. Thanks. :)

As far as I know it is - but never made it to being release.

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne