So the Mrs got me a Retro-Trio for my B-day....I need help!

Rowsdower70

So to give you guys some background, as a kid I started on Intellivision, got an Atari soon after, Commodores for a while until NES.  I went from NES to Genesis after that, so I know NOTHING about SNES games.   The only one I know for sure I loved was Ogre Battle.

So who can recommend me some must have and affordable SNES titles?  I love RPG, adventure, fantasy, some platformers and sci-fi, very little sports.

Lastly, the retro-trio seems to let me play games from all regions, so super famicom is where I decided to go for Ogre Battle.   Have any of you had any experience playing Japanese games through these new clone systems?   I'm guessing it doesn't translate for you.  

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Hard to recommend affordable titles since SNES game tend to be costly. I really like the SNES version of Sim City. Zelda and Super Metroid are both pricey, but are true classics as is Super Mario World and TMNT 4. I know that's not exactly what you are looking for, but those are the main titles I have had the best time with. Most RPGs cost a ton. 

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I have Zelda, but its in real good shape and kind of for sale.   

My rule has been since I started selling that I only hang on to the INTV stuff, or cheap stuff that I really enjoy. :)

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I asked my SNES-expert son what the best SNES game was, and he said "Earthbound".  I asked him what the best SNES game that doesn't cost $100, and he said "Super Metroid". 

Hah!  Yeah, Earthbound is about $180ish on eBay these days.  No thanks!

I have Zelda, but its in real good shape and kind of for sale.   

My rule has been since I started selling that I only hang on to the INTV stuff, or cheap stuff that I really enjoy. :)

Your rule is excellent.  I'm trying to downsize my collection myself.  One piece at a time.  If I don't enjoy it, bye bye. 

I have an SNES but no wires, controllers, or games......so I'm no help. I don't even know if the console works or not.

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

I have an SNES but no wires, controllers, or games......so I'm no help. I don't even know if the console works or not.

If you want to get rid of it, let me know!

Archived