Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

The Atari Jaguar Game by Game Podcast

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 nosweargamer

nosweargamer

Banana Member

• 2,663 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:39 PM

If you listen to my podcast, you should know who Shinto is.

Well, Shinto has started The Atari Jaguar Game By Game Podcast!

Episode 0 is already out!
Feed: http://atarijaguarga....libsyn.com/rss
Webpage: http://jaguar.gamebygamepodcast.com/

• Justin, Doctor Octagon, The Professor and 3 others like this

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube....0EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

#2 atarilbc

atarilbc

Pretzel Member

• 494 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:41 PM

Dang it! Shinto beat me to the punch. Oh well, I guess that I'll have to be a contributor instead. ;)
  • Doctor Octagon and nosweargamer like this

#3 StormSurge

StormSurge

Pear Member

• 1,124 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:17 AM

This is great news! I love listening to Shinto. He's a great story teller.

• Doctor Octagon, The Professor, nosweargamer and 1 other like this

#4 Shinto

Shinto

Cherry Member

• 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:38 PM

Episode 1 is now online! I talk about the history of the Jaguar up through its launch, describe the Jaguar console inside and out, include my own Jaguar story, and go through a mountain of listener feedback. Find it here, on iTunes, or on Stitcher.  Thank you for listening!

• Justin, Doctor Octagon, The Professor and 3 others like this

#5 nosweargamer

nosweargamer

Banana Member

• 2,663 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:16 AM

FYI, Shinto is now up to Episode 4. Ep 2 covered Cybermorph, 3 covered Trevor McFur and 4 covered Club Drive.

• Doctor Octagon likes this

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube....0EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

#6 Shinto

Shinto

Cherry Member

• 27 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 01:07 PM

Ah, yes, I've been neglecting to post updates to this thread.  Thank you, nosweargamer. 

02 - Cybermorph

03 - Trevor McFur in the Crescent Galaxy

04 - Club Drive

• Justin, Doctor Octagon, nosweargamer and 2 others like this

#7 Shinto

Shinto

Cherry Member

• 27 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:24 PM

The next episode, 05 - Raiden, is now available!

• Doctor Octagon, atarilbc, fergojisan and 3 others like this

#8 fergojisan

fergojisan

Orange Member

• 217 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:14 AM

Another great episode. I LOVE the stories at the end, I hope you keep those up!

Also, please let Bishop know to please throw out the used Keurig cup after making coffee in the break by breakroom. Thanks!

• The Professor, atarilbc, nosweargamer and 2 others like this

#9 Shinto

Shinto

Cherry Member

• 27 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:07 PM

Hello, everyone.

Episode 6 for Evolution: Dino Dudes is now available directly, on iTunes, and on Stitcher.

• The Professor, nosweargamer and Lost Dragon like this

#10 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:28 AM

I had hoped to be able to pass on various insights to Shinto regarding likes of Crescent Galaxy etc direct from the likes of:James Purple Hampton (contact made but he went in for surgery so we had to cancel) and Susan G. McBride (questions put on my behalf to her via Facebook, assurances given by her she'd answer, yet my friend never heard anything back...).....

So i hit brick wall after brick wall :-(

#11 Shinto

Shinto

Cherry Member

• 27 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:46 PM

You've already helped me out quite a bit, LostDragon, and I am very appreciative of your time and effort.

• Lost Dragon likes this

#12 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:29 AM

There's more to come yet (fingers crossed) but it would of been ideal to get the 'final word' as it were from likes of Susan regarding her work on various projects.

She promised Frank she'd get our Q's answered by the Easter Bank holiday, that came and went a 'chase' email was sent, again Frank was assured he'd get answers by...then all contact stopped :-(

Imagitec i had hoped could clear up various aspects of Blue Lightning CD, i initally had contact with guy behind the FMV sequences, nothing ever came back, then i made contact with the 2 female artists there, 1 did reply saying she'd had poor health so was no longer able to answer, as for the other? she needed time to look over Q's and that was the last of that...so no chance of discovering anything new on Space Junk, though i expect given how many platforms that jumped from:Falcon, Mega CD, Jaguar CD they'd rather just forget about it.

Finally Andrew seed got in touch, so i asked him about his claim the Freelancer Jaguar CD screens in likes of Gamesmaster Magazine were mock-ups running on high end PC's using BRender software, again nothing ever came back.

Fred Gill (ATD) was kind enough to be honest about Blue Lightning CD, so that was something...

Oh and had Q's with a coder from HMS who was going to answer Q's on various Lynx titles and early work on Kasumi Ninja, but again nothing ever came back in.

Good few hours utterly wasted there sadly :-(

Still what has been uncovered regarding likes of:Tomb Raider/Swagman/Creature Shock/Quake/Black Ice/white Noise/Cybermorph etc etc etc i hope has been useful.

#13 Video 61

Video 61

Atari Sales & Service

• Verified Vendor
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:57 PM

this is a really good podcast! very good job with lots of good information on jaguar.

• Justin, Shinto and Lost Dragon like this

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

#14 Shinto

Shinto

Cherry Member

• 27 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:36 PM

Episode 7 for Checkered Flag is now online directly, on iTunes, and on Stitcher.

The next episode will be on Alien vs Predator, a game arguably better than Checkered Flag (if you could find anyone to argue on behalf of the latter, which you probably won't). If you have any thoughts or memories you'd like to share about AvP, please send feedback (text or audio) to jaguar@gamebygamepodcast.com.

Thank you for listening!

• Justin, The Professor, nosweargamer and 1 other like this

#15 Shinto

Shinto

Cherry Member

• 27 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:10 PM

It's one of the Jaguar's biggest games, and one of my biggest episodes. Episode 8 is all about Alien vs Predator, now online directly, via iTunes, and on Stitcher.

• Justin, The Professor, atarilbc and 1 other like this

#16 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:31 PM

Excited to listen to this next episode Shinto!  :atari_jaguar:

• Lost Dragon likes this

#17 Shinto

Shinto

Cherry Member

• 27 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:31 PM

I put together a little Christmas episode, though it's less about the Jaguar and more about general Atari-related Christmas memories through the years.  Check it out, if you're interested: Four Tales of Atari Christmas Past (also on iTunes and general RSS).

• Justin, The Professor, nosweargamer and 1 other like this

#18 atarilbc

atarilbc

Pretzel Member

• 494 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:47 PM

It's one of the Jaguar's biggest games, and one of my biggest episodes. Episode 8 is all about Alien vs Predator, now online directly, via iTunes, and on Stitcher.

Great work on another incredibly thorough episode! Who knew Sam Tramiel would be the hero of the story?

Edited by atarilbc, 26 December 2015 - 01:49 PM.

• Justin, The Professor, Shinto and 1 other like this

#19 Shinto

Shinto

Cherry Member

• 27 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:08 PM

My next episode will cover Tempest 2000 by Llamasoft.  Do you have any feedback you'd like to share about this game?  I'd love to get it on the show.  You could send me a message here on atari.io, or e-mail text or audio to jaguar@gamebygamepodcast.com.  Please have any feedback in by the end of the day January the 14th.

Thanks, and I hope to hear from you!

• Justin, Doctor Octagon and Lost Dragon like this

#20 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:48 PM

You might like to read through the superb Making Of...EDGE did a few years back.Avaiable for download for free in PDF form from Yaks site, HERE:

http://minotaurproje...softography.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users