Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Zanac (ColecoVision)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 VectorGamer

VectorGamer

BANNED

• Banned
  • 321 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:18 PM

Alright just for lulz we attempt to play the brand new Zanac for the ColecoVision

• The Professor and RickR like this
! THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THE FOLLOWING INCIDENT: http://forums.atari....trocade/?p=7683

#2 Jimbronie

Jimbronie

Cherry Member

• 27 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:11 PM

Ouch! That is really not even a beta version from the looks of it!
  • The Professor likes this

#3 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:36 PM

Surely you got a defective one?  I mean no way that made it through any kind of QC.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#4 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,277 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

On the bright side, that Zaxxon looks pretty sweet.

#5 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,254 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:38 AM

Another one of those high quality Collectorvision games huh? VectorGamer when are you going to learn- stop buying those from them!  :compgame:

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#6 The Professor

The Professor

• 1,032 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:22 PM

Isn't John Lester / Gamester81 backing them?

#7 VectorGamer

VectorGamer

BANNED

• Banned
  • 321 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:37 PM

Who's he?
! THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THE FOLLOWING INCIDENT: http://forums.atari....trocade/?p=7683

#8 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:21 PM

Isn't John Lester / Gamester81 backing them?

I quit watching John because he'll endorse anything and everything.   I'm not sure if it's a money thing, but his shows are just commercials these days.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#9 VectorGamer

VectorGamer

BANNED

• Banned
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

I just looked at the YouTube page for this video and I got 3 "thumbs down." Most likely these people are butt hurt that I made a video showing a defective game. Truth is a lot of times we record playing a home brew for the very first time so we can get first impressions and I thought the material we recorded was funny enough to upload.

#10 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,277 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:30 AM

I gave you a thumbs up.  So you've got that going for you. 

#11 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,254 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:35 AM

I just looked at the YouTube page for this video and I got 3 "thumbs down." Most likely these people are butt hurt that I made a video showing a defective game. Truth is a lot of times we record playing a home brew for the very first time so we can get first impressions and I thought the material we recorded was funny enough to upload.

5 thumbs up and 3 thumbs down........ I don't think the thumbs down were meant about your video, but were directed towards the game itself!

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#12 Jimbronie

Jimbronie

Cherry Member

• 27 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:50 PM

Dumb question but has collector vision reached out to remedy the situation yet?

#13 VectorGamer

VectorGamer

BANNED

• Banned
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:53 PM

Dumb question but has collector vision reached out to remedy the situation yet?

Yes my cart is on the way back to Canada to get fixed. This is the second time in less than a year that I've had to send a defective cart back to them. Last time was Galaga and I had to ship it back twice before I got one that didn't crash.

#14 VectorGamer

VectorGamer

BANNED

• Banned
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:12 PM

Update: received cart last week and was told it was tested on 3 different systems. Put it in my ColecoVision and the game crashed within 5 seconds.

Shipped it back to Canada and it was delivered yesterday morning. I told them I want a refund.

Was told that it was odd that my cart was the only one out of 70 that had problems.

I told them out of over 100 games in my collection this is the only one that crashed.

IMHO, once these guys started branching out to release games for other systems their quality went downhill. I've been a customer of theirs for about five years and never had a problem until I bought Galaga in the fall of 2014. They fixed that problem and all was good.

Then they released Bagman which in mine and others opinion (and for the record we know that there is opposing opinion on the matter) wasn't polished enough to be released.

That brings us to Zanac which for me is the third release in less than a year I have had issues with.

Luckily I was able to make a small profit selling Bagman on eBay. But, it wasn't enough to cover the losses of shipping carts back to Canada three times in the last year to get a working cart.

I get it that stuff happens. But with three instances in the last year I cannot justify ever buying from these guys again. And if you look at the overall body of work that they have published, there really is only one standout game and that is Mario Bros. Every other game I have bought from them has ranged from average to below average.

Stay safe.

#15 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,254 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:55 AM

Update: received cart last week and was told it was tested on 3 different systems. Put it in my ColecoVision and the game crashed within 5 seconds.

You should have sent a video along with the cart to show them.   :)

IMHO, once these guys started branching out to release games for other systems their quality went downhill. I've been a customer of theirs for about five years and never had a problem until I bought Galaga in the fall of 2014. They fixed that problem and all was good.

Then they released Bagman which in mine and others opinion (and for the record we know that there is opposing opinion on the matter) wasn't polished enough to be released.

That brings us to Zanac which for me is the third release in less than a year I have had issues with.

Luckily I was able to make a small profit selling Bagman on eBay. But, it wasn't enough to cover the losses of shipping carts back to Canada three times in the last year to get a working cart.

I get it that stuff happens. But with three instances in the last year I cannot justify ever buying from these guys again. And if you look at the overall body of work that they have published, there really is only one standout game and that is Mario Bros. Every other game I have bought from them has ranged from average to below average.

Stay safe.

I agree. I wouldn't go near them as it stands right now.

#16 VectorGamer

VectorGamer

BANNED

• Banned
  • 321 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:30 AM

Update : refund received

Case closed
  • Rowsdower70 likes this

#17 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,254 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:59 PM

Update : refund received

Case closed

:thumb: and good riddance to them 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users