Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

gaming.youtube.com - YouTube Gaming poses a challenge to Twitch

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Professor

The Professor

• 1,032 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:08 PM

01_blog_post_line.png

https://gaming.youtube.com

Google quietly launched YouTube's spin-off platform for gamers today. YouTube Gaming is a dedicated app and website focusing exclusively on gaming content, with a greater emphasis on live steams. YouTube want's to "tackle a fragmented experience" for the gaming and is "fighting back" against rivals like Twitch and Daily Motion.

YouTube has said on their Official YouTube Blog:

YouTube Gaming is built to be all about your favorite games and gamers, with more videos than anywhere else. From "Asteroids" to "Zelda," more than 25,000 games will each have their own page, a single place for all the best videos and live streams about that title. You’ll also find channels from a wide array of game publishers and YouTube creators.

Keeping up with these games and channels is now super easy, too. Add a game to your collection for quick access whenever you want to check up on the latest videos. Subscribe to a channel, and you'll get a notification as soon as they start a live stream. Uncover new favorites with recommendations based on the games and channels you love. And when you want something specific, you can search with confidence, knowing that typing “call” will show you “Call of Duty” and not “Call Me Maybe.” 

I ask this with particular interest to content creators. Launching with classic gamers in mind too, do you think you'll be using YouTube gaming? Will you be watching or posting?

• Justin and MaximumRD like this

#2 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,188 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:27 AM

I ask this with particular interest to content creators. Launching with classic gamers in mind too, do you think you'll be using YouTube gaming? Will you be watching or posting?

maybe watching if someone is playing a vintage game and has a camera on...........

• The Professor likes this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#3 VectorGamer

VectorGamer

BANNED

• Banned
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:53 AM

I'm surprised that in the on demand world we live in that live streaming would be a thing. Although the chat feature of live streaming can be fun I would rather watch on demand when I have the time.

I've had many opportunities to watch people play classic games whether in a live setting or online and I can't say that I care to watch someone play. I'm a participant when it comes to video games not a spectator.
  • The Professor likes this
! THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THE FOLLOWING INCIDENT: http://forums.atari....trocade/?p=7683

#4 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:59 PM

This makes me want to start publishing more videos.

• MaximumRD likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users