Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Your first car

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Yo-Yo

Yo-Yo

Apple Member

• 548 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:38 PM

I thought it would be cool if we could post photos and share stories of our first car :)

My first car was AMC Eagle 4 x 4 station wagon. I think it was a 1986 model. AMC owned Jeep then and put a Jeep powertrain in an older AMC Sportabout wagon design. It had lots of power, room for all your gear, drove like a car and it could plow through mud and snow like a Jeep. My friends and I would take this on camping trips and tailgates and had lots of good times at a drive in movie theater that was still around back then. I can't find a picture of it right this sec but here's what it looked like in the brochure:

image.jpg
  • Justin, The Professor, RickR and 3 others like this
Welcome to the short bus.

#2 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,357 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:48 PM

77ToyotaCorona_2.JPG

Here's mine.  1977 Toyota Corona.  Loved this car.  Very reliable.  Had a bench seat!  I sold it in 1990 when I bought my very first new car (a 1990 Honda Civic).  If I ever collect old cars, I'm going to start with a really old Toyota or Honda. 

• Justin, Yo-Yo and Rowsdower70 like this

#3 VectorGamer

VectorGamer

BANNED

• Banned
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:26 PM

I had a POS 4 door 72 Chevy Nova that got handed down to me. My friends were embarrassed to be seen in that car. The best thing about the car was because it was such a POS I used to go flying down this one country road that had a hill that I would floor it and go airborne.
! THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THE FOLLOWING INCIDENT: http://forums.atari....trocade/?p=7683

#4 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,268 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:17 PM

I got my 1983 Toyota Camry LE 5 door in 1989 w/ 39k miles. Then bought a LeBra for it and then had the 7 windows tinted with limo tint all around.

Attached Thumbnails

• 83 camry le.jpg

• RickR and Rowsdower70 like this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#5 StormSurge

StormSurge

Pear Member

• 1,161 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:11 AM

No photos, thankfully, but mine was a 1980 Buick Regal which I bought in the summer of 1992. It was a boat and did not run well. I don't think I spent more than $500 on it, so I guess I should have been happy it ran at all. I certainly don't have any fond memories of the six months I had it.

• RickR and Rowsdower70 like this

#6 AtariBrian

AtariBrian

Orange Member

• 292 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:43 AM

[/URL]">http://Mustache.jpg

81 Firebird, Long hair and bad mustache not required, but recommended.

Edited by AtariBrian, 04 September 2015 - 07:45 AM.

• RickR, Rowsdower70, StormSurge and 2 others like this

#7 Fire_In_The_Valley

Fire_In_The_Valley

Orange Member

• 139 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:16 PM

My first car was a 1985 Audi Quattro. They were great cars. BBC's Ashes to Ashes made the Quattro look extra cool

• RickR, AtariBrian and Rowsdower70 like this

#8 Bakerman

Bakerman

Orange Member

• 235 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:37 PM

I don't have any original pictures of me and my first car any more, I don't think, but it was a 1976 Monte Carlo with a 400 big-block and Quadro-Jet 4-barrel carb. It was Canary yellow. Net picture below, just imagine that in yellow, and a guy with long, dirty blond hair and wearing a leather biker jacket with a Camel sticking out of his mouth and you have me. Of course I owned it in about '86. God, I loved that car and beat the living hell out of it street racing and doing dry pavement donuts and we (me and buddies) would hold the brakes and spin the tires on our cars to see who could do the biggest smoke show, in the high school parking lot of course, until the principal broke it up! I went through a LOT of used tires on that car, and surprisingly, never blew the motor or dropped the transmission! I did drive it through the woods once, just stoned and drunk, :wreck-it-ralph:  with a load of friends, and nearly wedged it between two trees! I made it through, but had big dents and scrapes down both sides of it after that!  :unsure:  :rofl:

Attached Thumbnails

• '76 monte.jpg

Edited by Bakerman, 25 November 2015 - 03:47 PM.

• RickR, Rowsdower70, StormSurge and 2 others like this
"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)
"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)
"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

#9 Retrogamer81081

Retrogamer81081

Apple Member

• 562 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:18 PM

I can't find my pictures of it, but my first car is...... *sigh* a 1981 Camaro Z28. Jet black with the red Z28 stripe kit, 5.7 with an edelbrock 4 barrel carb, dual flowmasters, t-tops, a B&M shift kit, and white letter BF goodrich radials. In pristine condition and I pampered it. The most badass car I have ever owned in my life it was LOUD and sick!! 1979-1981 Camaros and Trans Ams are my favorite cars of all time. I seriously cried my head off when I sold it after 5 years owning it. I loved her so much! Had an '87 IROC-Z after it.

151084_10813205_1981_Chevrolet_Camaro+Z28.jpg

Edited by Retrogamer81081, 27 November 2015 - 07:21 PM.

• The Professor, RickR, Rowsdower70 and 2 others like this

#10 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,357 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:05 PM

You and AtariBrian could have had a drag race.

• The Professor, Rowsdower70 and Retrogamer81081 like this

#11 AtariBrian

AtariBrian

Orange Member

• 292 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:33 AM

You and AtariBrian could have had a drag race.

Ha, but sadly I would have lost...............

• Rowsdower70 likes this

#12 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:53 PM

Well I don't have a picture of it, but this one is identical ...mine wasn't in quite as pristine condition. ;)

dart2.jpg

It's a 1970 Dodge Dart (not the Swinger) 4 door, 225 Slant 6 engine.    Tough as nails.  I think my stereo cost more than the car.

• RickR, Arenafoot, StormSurge and 2 others like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#13 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,434 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:58 PM

Cant find my original picture but this was my first car a 1981 el camino

This picture here is from the guy who owns it now

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150601_160919.jpg

• RickR, StormSurge and Retrogamer81081 like this

#14 gelkster

gelkster

• 14 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:51 AM

Sorry no pic.

1976 VW Rabbit automatic, 2-dr, bright yellow, AM radio.

The U of M college student was returning to China & didnt need it anymore. $500
  • RickR likes this
7800- 800XL- ColecoVision & mods.1&2- Flashback2- GBA SP- launch PS2- slim PS2- Wii- DSLite x2- DSi- slim PS3- Xevious

#15 dauber

dauber

Pretzel Member

• 369 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:23 AM

Here's my first car...1992 Chevy Corsica LT. No-frills car, just pretty basic...although I did upgrade the AM/FM radio to AM/FM/cassette, like, the day after I got it in 1997. :)

Picture must have been taken in 1998. I had just bought a Kodak DC-25, featuring a high resolution of...640 x 480. :) I got that camera because it was Amiga-compatible. I carried that camera everywhere. This picture was taken in the parking lot of Sharp Electronics in Romeoville, Illinois, where I worked at the time. I took a picture because in that huge parking lot, it was a rare day you'd get a parking space so close to the entrance; I needed to capture the moment for posterity! The bumper stickers are from The Kat 105.5, the radio station where I was a weekend disc jockey.

Had the car until I traded it in for a brand new 2002 Saturn SL2.

KickAssParkingSpace.jpg

Edited by dauber, 11 December 2016 - 12:24 AM.

• RickR likes this

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.

#16 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

King of Kreep

• 542 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:42 PM

1963 Dodge Dart GT but there was nothing GT about it. HAHAHA 

225 Slant 6 push button auto!!!!

Capture_2016-12-11-12-39-57-1_zps5pd8hri

• Justin, RickR, atarilbc and 2 others like this

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

#17 atarilbc

atarilbc

Apple Member

• 548 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:15 AM

My first car was a blue 1987 Yugo GV. I've always been fascinated by anything quirky and, frankly, it was the only car my 16 year old self could afford working partime after school at Kroger. I picked it up for $400 and sold six months later for $500, under parental pressure to get something "safer." Safer, apparently meant an '84 Ford Tempo with power steering issues. I don't have a picture of my Yugo but it looked like this one:

image.jpeg
  • Justin and RickR like this

#18 Mcorleonep

Mcorleonep

Cherry Member

• 40 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:08 PM

My first car, I had to share with my older sister.  It didn't work out so well.  It was a 76 Olds Delta 88.  I don't have a pic of it but mine (ours) was white.  I fit eleven people in that car one time during high school.  I loved that car.  It hardly failed to start up during those frigid Chicago winters.  I wouldn't mind driving one today if it weren't for the horrendous gas mileage...

100_5364.jpg

Edited by Mcorleonep, 03 August 2017 - 01:09 PM.

• RickR likes this

#19 TrekMD

TrekMD

Apple Member

• 631 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

My first car was a Datsun B210 Hatchback.  This is a picture of one of the same color I had...

m5gvk50.jpg

• RickR likes this

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users