A View of the RickR Sanctum

RickR

Check out this creep show I hung up in my garage. My wife gave me these (we have no idea who they are). They are in very bad shape. The paint is almost like a chalk. Still, they add a very spooky element to my workspace. However, if I suddenly disappear, please contact the Ghostbusters for me.

Ok i gotta ask.....why? Other than the creepy fact (wich is abundant by the way)

Why:  I just think they are cool.  They are real...someone's grandparents or something.  It would be a crime to throw them out.  A real conversation piece.  The stuff on my garage walls is pretty random.  But the biggest reason -- these remind me a lot of Disney's Haunted Mansion.  And that's just plain cool. 

Check out this creep show I hung up in my garage.  My wife gave me these (we have no idea who they are).  They are in very bad shape.  The paint is almost like a chalk.  Still, they add a very spooky element to my workspace.  However, if I suddenly disappear, please contact the Ghostbusters for me.

Update:  "Haunted Garage Grandpa" (as we've come to call him) has fallen off the wall!  We don't think this was an accident.  More news at 11.

Our youngest child was dropped off at college yesterday, so I started re-arranging our video game space for me-me-me!

So here we go.  Lowest shelf is Atari 2600, second is Intellivision, 3rd is empty (coming soon - Colecovision) and 4th is Atari 600XL.  The 2600 will be replaced with a 7800 very soon.

This may take a little time, but I'm having a blast setting this up. 

post-41-0-29981100-1505704278_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-24249400-1505704281_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-15662500-1505704283_thumb.jpg

The Amiga is awesome.  It came with a GoTek drive in place of the floppy drive.  A USB thumb drive contains hundreds of games that can be loaded via  a menu.  This is an Amiga 500 -- the composite out is in black and white only (I think they really wanted buyers to also purchase a monitor).  I've ordered a little board that converts to composite, S-Video, or VGA from a nice fellow in Sweden.  Once that arrives, I plan to explore the games a lot more. 

Finally!  I found a tiny Sony Trinitron.  9" model.  I've been an LCD guy for a long time, just because they are so much smaller and lighter than CRT TV's.  But I always kept my eye out for a small Sony, and I'm so happy to have found one.  The Sony Trinitron tubes have the very best picture quality for CRT TV's.

Here's a picture of me testing using an Atari flashback.   I'm going to dig out my NES so I can play those light gun games in style.

post-41-0-20172400-1534691746_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-41050200-1534691750_thumb.jpg