Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

A view of the RickR sanctum

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,628 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:57 PM

What year is that little pacman from?

1991, according to the tag.  It has a little keyring attached. 

• jmjustin6 likes this

#42 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,628 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:03 PM

Updated Sears collection.  I'm up to 22 carts.  Who has some for trade?

Sears 2017-01-22 003.JPG

and what the hey, some 8-bit peripherals. 

Sears 2017-01-22 004.JPG

• Justin and Ballblaɀer like this

#43 nosweargamer

nosweargamer

Banana Member

• 2,553 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:55 PM

Updated Sears collection.  I'm up to 22 carts.  Who has some for trade?

I have Sears text labels of Basketball, Football, Asteroids & Maze Mania

I may have more. I will have to check.

are you interested in any of them?

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube....0EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

#44 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,628 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:47 PM

I have Sears text labels of Basketball, Football, Asteroids & Maze Mania

I may have more. I will have to check.

are you interested in any of them?

Yes, all of those please.  I'll PM you.  Thanks

#45 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,628 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:25 PM

I've updated my TI 99/4A collection with a flashrom cart.  It allows me to play almost any game available for the system, and it's a pretty nice and neat compact format.  Also needed is the 32k memory expansion loaded off the right side of the speech synthesizer. 

I highly recommend collecting the TI 99/4A for several reasons:

• It's pretty inexpensive.  The systems are cheap...less than $50 for a nice computer in working condition.  The memory expander and flashrom are about $100 combined.  Not bad for every game made for the system.
  • There are some really unique games on this system.  Alpiner, Parsec, etc and really fun, and there's nothing else like them on other systems. 
  • There is a very passionate community of enthusiasts.  They love this system, and it's a lot of fun to get involved and learn from some really nice people/experts. 
  • I've always found it really fun and interesting to compare the common games to other systems of the era.  In general, TI versions of Atari games, for example, look great.  They tend to play a little slower.  But they are really a blast to play. 

Attached Thumbnails

• ti flashrom 2017-03-10 004.JPG

• Justin and chas10e like this

#46 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,628 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:51 AM

The Sega Master System is out for a little fun. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Sega Master System 002.JPG

• jmjustin6 likes this

#47 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,252 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

Man i am jealous of that adapter. Cool stuff

#48 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,628 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

Pick one up if you can.  It is a lot less expensive than a real Master System console.  Reminds me a lot of playing Gamecube games on a Wii. 

• jmjustin6 likes this

#49 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,628 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:44 PM

Exciting news -- Now that the kids are both away at school, I'm getting some space back in our gaming room.  I just expanded the Ikea shelves with a few extra shelves.  The idea will be to keep my systems out instead of in the attic.  I plan on moving the desk left (with a TV on it)  to be next to the shelves and have the right shelving unit for my old systems.  Intellivision, 7800, Colecovision will always be out now and available to play! 

Attached Thumbnails

• game room 002.JPG
  • game room 001.JPG

• Arenafoot and atarilbc like this

#50 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,628 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:12 PM

Check out this creep show I hung up in my garage.  My wife gave me these (we have no idea who they are).  They are in very bad shape.  The paint is almost like a chalk.  Still, they add a very spooky element to my workspace.  However, if I suddenly disappear, please contact the Ghostbusters for me.

Attached Thumbnails

• paintings 001.JPG
  • paintings 004.JPG

• Justin, atarilbc and nosweargamer like this

#51 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,252 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

Check out this creep show I hung up in my garage. My wife gave me these (we have no idea who they are). They are in very bad shape. The paint is almost like a chalk. Still, they add a very spooky element to my workspace. However, if I suddenly disappear, please contact the Ghostbusters for me.

Ok i gotta ask.....why? Other than the creepy fact (wich is abundant by the way)

#52 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,628 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:15 PM

Why:  I just think they are cool.  They are real...someone's grandparents or something.  It would be a crime to throw them out.  A real conversation piece.  The stuff on my garage walls is pretty random.  But the biggest reason -- these remind me a lot of Disney's Haunted Mansion.  And that's just plain cool. 

• jmjustin6 likes this

#53 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,628 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:16 PM

PS - one of my sons just about jumped out of his skin when he noticed them for the first time. 

#54 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,252 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:36 PM

PS - one of my sons just about jumped out of his skin when he noticed them for the first time.

There it is! Thats the best reason

#55 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,628 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

Check out this creep show I hung up in my garage.  My wife gave me these (we have no idea who they are).  They are in very bad shape.  The paint is almost like a chalk.  Still, they add a very spooky element to my workspace.  However, if I suddenly disappear, please contact the Ghostbusters for me.

Update:  "Haunted Garage Grandpa" (as we've come to call him) has fallen off the wall!  We don't think this was an accident.  More news at 11.

• Justin, atarilbc, Clint Thompson and 2 others like this

#56 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,628 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:11 PM

Our youngest child was dropped off at college yesterday, so I started re-arranging our video game space for me-me-me!

So here we go.  Lowest shelf is Atari 2600, second is Intellivision, 3rd is empty (coming soon - Colecovision) and 4th is Atari 600XL.  The 2600 will be replaced with a 7800 very soon.

This may take a little time, but I'm having a blast setting this up. 

Attached Thumbnails

• bonus room redo 001.JPG
  • bonus room redo 002.JPG
  • bonus room redo 003.JPG

• Kid A and nosweargamer like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users