Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Your first game for your first game system?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Retrogamer81081

Retrogamer81081

Apple Member

• 562 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:13 PM

The first game console I received was the NES Action set in Christmas of 1988. Of course it was packed in with Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. The first game I got that wasn't packed in with it was Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros 2. Also received in Christmas '88
  • Justin, The Professor, MaximumRD and 5 others like this

#22 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:09 PM

I got an NES with Zelda the same year. 

• greenween and StormSurge like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#23 greenween

greenween

The Mayor

• 1,202 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:12 PM

I bought my NES in 88 also. Zelda was the greatest thing ever! 

• Doctor Octagon, Rowsdower70 and StormSurge like this

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

#24 atarilbc

atarilbc

Apple Member

• 548 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:22 AM

My first console was a Coleco Gemini in '83. It came with the pack-ins Donkey Kong and Mouse Trap. My earliest gaming all blurs together at this point, but if I had to guess, my first game after that was either Pac-Man or Megamania.

#25 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,438 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:39 AM

My first game system was the Nes it came with super mario bros/ duck hunt. The first games we bought for it was tetris and pacman
  • StormSurge likes this

#26 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,292 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:44 AM

My first game console was the 5200 SuperSystem.  I got three games at the same time with the system.  They were Galaxian, Space Invaders, and Missile Command.  All of these were Christmas gifts and I don't remember which one I unwrapped first.  

• Arenafoot and StormSurge like this

#27 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,292 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 03:47 AM

First console was the 5200 and other than the pac man pack in, I got Kangaroo.  Before that was only the timex sinclair and Commodore 64, but those were my dad's.  I assume that is why they got me the 5200 so he could have his commodore back.

I actually got the Timex before the 5200...but we never could get the included programs to load.  I think I got Grimm's Fairy Tales to load one time but that was it.  Pac-Man didn't come with my 5200...that arrived a later.  Kangaroo is a good game for the system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users