I'm back into 7800

Dan Iacovelli

found out all I needed was a new power supply for my 7800

just the one I ordered from ebay yesterday tried it out and now I have a working 7800

(forgot how hard it is to take carts out of them)

actually I have 2 working 7800's now my original that I might have fried and my second one I got from some one on AA.

I'm prob going to sell one at swap meet at galloping ghost when they decide to have no power no cables.

not selling my 2600 thats put aside for now.(tested the power supply on both,both powered on then did the cart test

and both booted)

now I need to find the games I lost at VGS(that got swiped) and if and when the centro 7800 cart(harmony for 7800)

I can get it.

AVC Online:atari-video.club

VGS website: http://videogamesummit.net

Wait a minute, you were at a video game conference & some clown stole your games? Seriously??

I'm glad you're up & running. If I had any 7800 stuff, I'd gladly hook you up. That's ridiculous.

yeah and it was my own show to boot, the games in question are mario bros,double dragon and impossible mission.

but none the less I'm glad I'm back now in the 7800.

Sounds like everyone is digging out their Atari 7800's!

I hear there an Atari 7800 podcast that goes game by game that might be good place to share your thoughts through text or audio submissions as you revisit the system ;)

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Wow, sorry to hear about your games being swiped. That sucks.    

Rowsdower70, you should totally get one if you like atari arcade games at all :D While there aren't as many great games as on the 2600, there are some that make it worthwhile for sure. Especially if you don't already have a way of playing Ballblazer ;)  

I love my 7800! Put the 2600 away and just use it now. Great system!!

I did that for a while, but it has trouble with some cart shapes. I have no idea what's supposed to fit into the 7800's cart slot. It's almost too tight for Atari-brand games and you have to really force the Activision/Imagic ones! I wonder if this varies by year or something for the 7800.   

I love my 7800! Put the 2600 away and just use it now. Great system!!

No No NO!  How could you put away a 2600?!?  That's insane!   :rofl:

All joking aside I use the 2600 for playing 2600 games even when the 7800 is backwards compatible.  The snug fit of the 7800's cartridge port alone worries me sometimes as it is.  No...for me, I stick with the 2600 when it comes to playing 2600 games.

It sucks that your games got swiped.  Hopefully you can track down those games again.  Now I have to drag out my 7800 because after reading everyone else dragging theirs out I suddenly feel the need for some Galaga, Ms. Pac-Man, and Choplifter.

No No NO!  How could you put away a 2600?!?  That's insane!   :rofl:

All joking aside I use the 2600 for playing 2600 games even when the 7800 is backwards compatible.  The snug fit of the 7800's cartridge port alone worries me sometimes as it is.  No...for me, I stick with the 2600 when it comes to playing 2600 games.

It sucks that your games got swiped.  Hopefully you can track down those games again.  Now I have to drag out my 7800 because after reading everyone else dragging theirs out I suddenly feel the need for some Galaga, Ms. Pac-Man, and Choplifter.

might have to get another 7800,  the ones I have at times goes off during gameplay seems the power gets hot at cart slot,it could just be the power supply is an't offical one,but the one from atariguides. mari bros is any easy find , impossible mission, double dragon  are going to be hard

Archived