Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Does anyone here collect retro boxed PC games?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:52 PM

I have some, and run across them from time to time.   I don't usually grab modern ones, but some of the older ones interest me.

Anyone else do any retro PC gaming?

• Justin, Doctor Octagon, MaximumRD and 2 others like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#2 RadioPoultry

RadioPoultry

Orange Member

• 164 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 02:15 PM

Yes! I don't have an older (90s or earlier) PC anymore, but I use DOSBox to play my older stuff, along with a USB 3.5" drive (I have three of those drives now. I found the first of them in the garbage!) I see PC games pretty often second-hand, so I usually limit myself to just DOS games instead of Windows, and I try not to spend any more than $3 on any one item. For CD-ROM games in just a jewel case I'll usually not spend more than $1. I didn't use to really look for that kind of stuff, but when Atari and NES games got harder to find, and when I found some software in my possession that no one could find copies of, it made me rethink things.

• RickR, Rowsdower70 and LeeJ07 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users