World 1-1 Movie

VectorGamer

I've seen the movie but haven't backed the Kickstarter. I'm not big into backing Kickstarters, too often they misfire.

The movie was created by filmmakers Daryl Rodriguez and Jeanette Garcia. They're both active on Twitter and maintain an account for the movie which is @WorldOneOneFilm, and you can tweet them individually at @DarylR42 and @Leia_SOLO

I will never do a Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Gofundme again.  I got burned over 2 years ago with Star Citizen...never again.

I'm not sure why I thought paying for a product that didn't exist yet was a good idea, but I wont shell out cash for a promise again.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Here is the last update I received on 6/28/15 which was a response to my Q posted on Kickstarter:

Hello Rob,

We replied on the Update page, but wanted to be sure you received it so we decided to email you our response as well.

We have all the content for the discs, the problem has been licensing and packaging costs for the disc versions of our film. We provided all the backers in those tiers who supported our film with their digital copies. We are trying to acquire funds to make the disc versions (both DVD and Bluray) as soon as possible since all of the majority of the funds of the film went to production costs of equipment and travel. We have actually had to fund a lot of other costs out of pocket. We posted an update a few months ago asking for our backers to please be patient with us in terms of the discs. 

We promise that we will deliver, but we hope that everyone understands that marketing and distribution, especially in film and in terms of discs is not easy and quite expensive. We're really sorry for the inconvenience. We can guarantee that we are trying to do our very best to find viable options and also trying to save funds to be able to complete this process. Thank you once again for your support.

Thank you,

Jeanette & Daryl
World 1-1

I never bothered to download the digital copy cuz I want to sit my fat a55 down in the chair and watch it on the big screen using DVD.

So maybe 3 months hasn't really been a "long time" but it sure seems a long time since I gave them my money.

⚠️ THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THE FOLLOWING INCIDENT: http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/475-theretrocade/?p=7683

I'm not sure why I thought paying for a product that didn't exist yet was a good idea, but I wont shell out cash for a promise again.

I agree. This is the biggest reason we don't allow pre-sales in the forums. People shouldn't be soliciting others for their money until they have a product ready to ship.

I agree. This is the biggest reason we don't allow pre-sales in the forums. People shouldn't be soliciting others for their money until they have a product ready to ship.

Just look at that guy on the other forum that took money for two INTV games last year (or perhaps even earlier) and they weren't even programmed yet. The developer still hasn't even finished programming them yet after all this time. Why take money for something that hasn't even been programmed? Outrage!

⚠️ THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THE FOLLOWING INCIDENT: http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/475-theretrocade/?p=7683

Here is the last update I received on 6/28/15 which was a response to my Q posted on Kickstarter:

See that is where I have a problem with Kickstarters, OK I can understand the response and explanation of the delays BUT funny how you hear none of that during the funding stage right? Oh no while they are getting funding it is all sunshine and rainbows and promises to get your money and reach the goal but then suddenly "Oh here are the reasons for the delay........."

It bothers me because I cannot help but think "Hmmmm now did they keep all the money they took in to fulfill all the promises or did they spend a percentage thinking yeah we'll find a way to manage it later" 

I have never backed any funding campaign, not to say I did not want to or that I didn't think some appeared quite worthy and indeed many have completely fulfilled everything they said they would, there is just something that has always kept me (well besides being stingy and broke lol) because I know intentional or not money just makes people go wacky sometimes losing site of the original vision. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Archived