E.T. Easter Eggs

nosweargamer

Wow! I had never heard or seen those eggs! Thanks NOS!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Maybe if he had spent less time putting Easter eggs in and more time making the pits work correctly.............

If it weren't for the pit glitches I think this game would be one of the top 10 for the system.  (it's in my top ten anyway)

This is actually a good point.  Many times HSW said the problem was he was pressed for time, yet he chose to spend at least SOME time putting in these Easter Eggs.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Maybe if he had spent less time putting Easter eggs in and more time making the pits work correctly.............

If it weren't for the pit glitches I think this game would be one of the top 10 for the system.  (it's in my top ten anyway)

Yeah, I thought that too, along with what it spent less time on the great music or less time on the great title screen. 

But I think all that adds charm to the game. And perhaps, the Easter Eggs was something he did to help reduce all the pressure he was facing.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

E.T. was never on my worst list.  As I have said before my first encounter with E.T. on the 2600 was a used loose copy that came with a used 2600 console and a bunch of other games for $10.  Without instructions to help you figure the game out a little the game can seem overwhelming.  It took until recently for E.T. to show its true play style and what it was about.  It really should be considered a good game that captured the essence of the movie.  Not many video games that followed, especially the NES games, did that.