Video 61

Justin

Video 61 is one of the last Authorized Atari Retailers still in existence and is a Verified Vendor on this site. Video 61 has been an Atari mail order house and service department for more than 30 years, and does a fantastic job selling and servicing Atari hardware and software for all Atari consoles and computers.

I have been buying brand new Atari products from Video 61 since the 1980s, and continue to purchase from Video 61 to this very day. I’ve always been treated fairly, and if there was ever a mistake it was quickly corrected. Whenever I needed something rare or very hard to find he always pulled through. I have gotten to know him over the years, Video 61 has contributed much to this site and I am privileged to call him a true friend. Video 61 is truly one of the best.

Fair prices, PayPal friendly, FREE shipping within the US for Atari I/O Members on orders over $40 excluding hardware, excellent products and customer service, reliable, highly recommended! A++  :100:

I discovered Video 61 actually by accident...or maybe it was fate.  About a week after my mother passed I strolled into a consignment shop in my hometown.  Just looking around and still trying to cope.  On the floor I stumbled over a box.  Inside the box was a weird looking machine with lots of accessories, games, and paperwork.  The machine said "Atari" on it...that's it.  The guy said, "for $40 it's yours.  Everything in that box."  So I took it home thinking something Atari did that was new to me might be the answer.  

What I ended up getting was an XEGS with keyboard, two matching 5.25" disk drives, an Atari modem (an XM model), a few games on disk including Race Destruction Set, BobTerm, and a small black OkiData color printer.  It came with the keyboard, a light gun, and controller and lots of documentation, a 101 Micro Computer Programs book, and some advertisements.  One of those ads was from Video 61.  After seeing all the docs and wondering if any one of those were still around I sat down at the couch and proceeded to make phone calls.  I was going to call every one of them to see who was left and who wasn't.  

It wasn't until about the 3rd or 4th number I tried that I would be shocked.  "Hello...Video 61.  This is Lance."  I talked for a minute and told him what I had, where I got it, and if he had any software for it.  Stunned again because he said he did, most stuff new in boxes, I hung up the phone and planned my order.  I called back, not sure how much later it was, and placed an order for some 8-bit games.  I do remember Zaxxon not working which I told Lance about as soon as I got it.  I sent it back and he fixed it.

That was back in 1998.  I have only dealt with him for my Atari wants and needs.  We have become good friends although we have not met in person which I would really like to make happen.  I still deal with Video 61 frequently since I have been on a collecting kick for Atari machines.  I do not go to any one else for Atari stuff.  I'm not saying others are good or bad just that I found the only source I need.  All of my Atari stuff came from Video 61.    

Video 61 remains a large supporter of the Atari community and still produces new stuff for Atari systems.  And Lance, whether he realizes it or not, could be considered a hidden celebrity of sorts.  Who knows, places my parents got Atari stuff when I was a kid may have very well came from Video 61 at one point.  I highly recommend Video 61 to any one, new or vet to Atari systems and games, because it's an honest, legit, and friendly company to deal with.  A few minutes of talking to Lance on the phone and you will understand why.  And should you have an issue with a Video 61 product Lance goes way beyond expectation to make it right.   

I've had wonderful experiences with Video 61! Lance is as cool as they come and Video 61 is an absolute wonderland of minty fresh Atari goodness. Accepts credit cards which is nice. Fast payment, awesome customer service, and products you won't find anywhere else on earth. Highly recommended! A++++++  :thumb:  :100:

I've had wonderful experiences with Video 61! Lance is as cool as they come and Video 61 is an absolute wonderland of minty fresh Atari goodness. Accepts credit cards which is nice. Fast payment, awesome customer service, and products you won't find anywhere else on earth. Highly recommended! A++++++  :thumb:  :100:

Yep.  Lance has all the cool toys.  A "Toys 'R Us" for all us Atari fans!! ;)

Archived