Double Dare - 30th Anniversary Reunion Special - 11/23

The Professor

It's absolutely unbelievable to me that Double Dare is 30 years old. I've been on Nickelodeon before and had close relationship with them when I was younger. Really happy to see Marc Summers involved with the network again.

Incidentally I ran into two commercials for Atari Jaguar and Lynx at the very beginning of this video. It's of Nickelodeon commercials that aired on Saturday, December 11, 1993. This was about two weeks after the Jaguar launched. My family was without cable during this time and I never saw these commercials until just now. I have to admit these took me by surprise. The commercials are pretty good, it almost seems like Nickelodeon produced the commercial for Atari to air on the network. It's nice to see Atari was still advertising the Lynx in December 1993. I was collecting Lynx back then and can assure you it was very hard to find. It would have been a dream to see a Lynx or anything Atari in a place like Target in December 1993. Toys R Us still carried a handful of games but in most cases the system itself wasn't available. Babbages, Service Merchandise, and the Sears Catalog had Atari Lynx stuff by order. I mainly bought Lynx stuff by mail order directly through Atari or Video 61, even then.

Here are the commercials, Jaguar and Lynx are first up at the Rugrats break:

Yep, same for me '88.   I LOVE me some Unwrapped!

I have the first several years worth of Unwrapped on VHS in the storage unit.

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

A.V. Club published a new article today about the history of the Double Dare obstacle course, and the special commemorative episode of Double Dare celebrating the show’s super sloppy 30th anniversary year. If you're interested in Double Dare or television history it's a great read:

post-7-0-26062100-1479780478_thumb.jpg

From A.V. Club:

“It smelled like death”: An oral history of the Double Dare obstacle course

Slip on your big, white Reeboks; grab a set of kneepads; and get reading.

http://www.avclub.com/article/it-smelled-death-oral-history-double-dare-obstacle-245939

the reunion is this wednesday at 8pm CT on Nick

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Set your DVRs (or VCRs, if you want to do this right!)...

I was reminded by this A.V. Club "oral history" of the Double Dare obstacle course that Nickelodeon will be airing a 30th anniversary Reunion Special tomorrow night at 9PM (I think this is for all USA time zones, but double check your local listings).

Apparently if there's enough interest/ratings, this could end up being more than a one-off.  I'd love for them to reboot this show!

30th anniversary Reunion Special tomorrow night at 9PM (I think this is for all USA time zones, but double check your local listings)

9pm ET/ 8pm CT

The Double Dare Reunion Special

It’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for! On Wednesday November 23rd, Marc Summers will be back to host an all-new game of Double Dare! The Double Dare Reunion Special will also feature original announcer John “Harvey”, the fabulous Robin Russo, and cast members from “All That” as the daring contestants! You’ll also get an exclusive look at insider clips from the Nickelodeon vault! Tune in Wednesday November 23rd on Nickelodeon @9pm and The Splat @10pm for the most fun and messiest time of your life!

Complete Schedule: The Double Dare Reunion Special

Wed 11/23 Nickelodeon:  9:00p EST,  8:00p CNT,  10:00p MTN,  9:00p PST

Wed 11/23 The Splat (Teen Nick):  10:00p EST,  9:00p CNT,  11:00p MTN,  10:00p PST

Thr 11/24 The Splat (Teen Nick):  1:06a EST,  12:06a CNT,  2:06a MTN,  1:06a PST

Nickelodeon is also bringing back Legends of the Hidden Temple in the form of a TV movie, featuring the cast of the original game show. Follow siblings Sadie, Noah, and Dudley as they try to escape the hidden temple and prove to everyone that the legend is real! Starring Isabela Moner and original host Kirk Fogg. Dee Bradley Baker, the original voice behind Olmec, will reprise the role of this iconic game show character. Be sure to tune in for Legends of the Hidden Temple: The Movie! 

Legends of the Hidden Temple Movie

Complete Schedule: Legends of the Hidden Temple Movie

Sat 11/26 Nickelodeon: 8:00p EST,  7:00p CNT,  9:00p MTN,  8:00p PST

Sun 11/27 Nickelodeon:  11:00a EST,  10:00a CNT,  12:00p MTN,  11:00a PST

Sun 11/27 Nickelodeon:  5:30p EST,  4:30p CNT,  6:30p MTN,  5:30p PST

Sun 11/27 The Splat (Teen Nick):  10:00p EST,  9:00p CNT,  11:00p MTN,  10:00p PST

Tue 11/29 Nickelodeon:  7:30p EST,  6:30p CNT,  8:30p MTN,  7:30p PST

Tue 12/2 Nickelodeon:  7:30p EST,  6:30p CNT,  8:30p MTN,  7:30p PST

Sat 12/3 Nickelodeon:  2:00p EST,  1:00p CNT,  3:00p MTN,  2:00p PST

Sun 12/4 Nickelodeon:  5:30p EST,  4:30p CNT,  6:30p MTN,  5:30p PST

Complete Schedule: The Double Dare Reunion Special

Wed 11/23 Nickelodeon:  9:00p EST,  8:00p CNT,  10:00p MTN,  9:00p PST

Wed 11/23 The Splat (Teen Nick):  10:00p EST,  9:00p CNT,  11:00p MTN,  10:00p PST

Thr 11/24 The Splat (Teen Nick):  1:06a EST,  12:06a CNT,  2:06a MTN,  1:06a PST

I'll be watching! It's hard to believe Double Dare is 30 years old.