Atari Chat update - IMPORTANT

Thanks for the update and keeping us in the loop as always Justin! I have no doubt in the end the new version of the forum software will turn out great and I know our community will be better and stronger than ever, Much appreciated Justin.  :beer:  :spot:

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

thanks for the update I will take Atari Io  chat off the JCU yahoo group until you let us know you find a new chat place. wonder if you considered doing irc chat.

I got my own website problems when Atari-users.net didn't renew the domian now I don't have word press sites for avc online or vgs(we plan on moving to godaddy after 12/13,unless I hear back from atari.org for hosting(I can connect to the server ip address to get files on aun but no website access)

AVC Online:atari-video.club

VGS website: http://videogamesummit.net

let us know you find a new chat place. wonder if you considered doing irc chat.

Whatever solution we go with will need to integrate seamlessly into the forums as the last chat did. It definitely won't be moving off-site. The biggest issue is that most all compatible chat apps have also abandoned IPS 3 and are only compatible with IPS 4, making it increasingly likely Atari Chat will be off line until the entire forums are redone in IPS 4. I really like the forums the way they are and have put a lot of effort into building what we already have. It's disappointing IPS did away with chat altogether. 

Whatever solution we go with will need to integrate seamlessly into the forums as the last chat did. It definitely won't be moving off-site. The biggest issue is that most all compatible chat apps have also abandoned IPS 3 and are only compatible with IPS 4, making it increasingly likely Atari Chat will be off line until the entire forums are redone in IPS 4. I really like the forums the way they are and have put a lot of effort into building what we already have. It's disappointing IPS did away with chat altogether. 

well when or what ever keep me updated and I'll mention it on yahoo group again.(AVC online site is currently down as mentioned)

AVC Online:atari-video.club

VGS website: http://videogamesummit.net