Hogans Alley NES - Many dead innocents!

MaximumRD

Sorting through my collection just a little while ago, but what the hell I'll try a few rounds of Hogans Alley on NES. I'll say this much, I would've been one horrible police officer, not only did I manage to kill many innocent bystanders but most of the gangsters escaped because my reactions were so slow!  :P

Apparently at 50 years old my reflexes are already dead lol.
I swear I recall being pretty damn good back in the day  ;)
Still, sure brought back some memories and fun....I needed this after turning 50 this year  :rofl:

Before anyone points it out - YES the color and saturation are way off but this is my ONLY CRT TV to play gun games on, a 13' combo DVD / TV I found in our electronics bin last week, I thought SCORE! No remote but I have
several programmable / universal remotes and though I got a couple to work with this it only does basic functions like channel and volume up/down  :( Might have to break down and try to track down a compatible original remote. 

post-15-0-79402800-1519423718_thumb.jpg

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Happy Birthday Rob!

Hogan's Alley is hands-down one of my all-time favorite NES titles. Even when it was new, before I had an NES, seeing the line up of those guys and knowing you could shoot at them with a light gun was just thrilling. It was one of the things that started to persuade me away from Atari in the earlier days of the NES. Remember a few years ago when I was posting a lot of YouTube videos I had that game on a lot in the background.

Now you've got me in the mood to pull that game out and play it this weekend. Maybe we need to put Hogan's Alley up on deck for the High Score Squad.

:wreck-it-ralph:

Man, I haven't played this game since I was a kid but definitely have fond memories of it. Talks about Duck Hunt made me realize just how simple of a game it was, like many Atari games, but still really fun. There's just something that's difficult to match in terms of Nintendo's quality in regards to their games of that time.

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe