Single Status Update
The Kung Fu cart for Commodore 64 arrived this week, and it works really nicely. This is the product I've been wanting for a long time -- just load game images of any type onto a micro-SD, turn on the C64, and choose them from a menu. No typing, minimal waiting. It's so awesome.
And also a view of my home-made "safe" C64 power adapter. I soldered in modern 5V and 9V bricks into a 5-pin DIN plug, and add in a Ray Carlson safety device just for full safeness.
Wow, that's a neat setup! What's the price for that cart?
Marco: It's less than $60 shipped from the UK.
Notes so far after playing with it for a few days.
- CRT/PRG files work fine and load FAST.
- D64 support is spotty. Some work, some don't.
- I expect firmware updates will address some issues
- The "reset" and "menu" buttons are really super nice. Great features.
- Overall, huge thumbs up for this product. I'm so happy to have it. SD2EIC is nice, but a lot more difficult to use. I prefer this by a factor of 100. Just because it's so much easier to use.