Atari I/O Retro Junk Box 2!

attachicon.gifjb2.png

A moment of silence, please...

...now that that's over, I 'm looking forward to the autopsy report, er, I mean looking forward to see what AB took out of the box!

:o  did stuff fall out?

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

While we wait....

I played PS2 "Sitting Ducks" this morning.  A quick review:  It's GTA for Rod and Tod Flanders.  Actually, I had a lot of fun playing this.  Well done for what they were trying to accomplish...a kids version of GTA I think.  I thought it was really humorous, both intentionally and unintentionally.   Good voice acting, good cut scenes.  No violence at all.  RickR gives it 4 out of 5 for kids, 2 out of 5 for adults.  Thanks to whoever put this in the box!  I may share this one with my 6 yr old niece. 

And now more from this reviewer...while we wait.

I've been playing PS "Chicken Run", and this game is awesome!  The Aardman animation looks really nice on the PS1, and the game is kind of funny and fun!  Mostly pretty simple find pieces while avoiding guard dogs, and then really well done cut-scenes.  I'll be playing this one to completion!  THANKS!

While we wait....

I played PS2 "Sitting Ducks" this morning.  A quick review:  It's GTA for Rod and Tod Flanders.  Actually, I had a lot of fun playing this.  Well done for what they were trying to accomplish...a kids version of GTA I think.  I thought it was really humorous, both intentionally and unintentionally.   Good voice acting, good cut scenes.  No violence at all.  RickR gives it 4 out of 5 for kids, 2 out of 5 for adults.  Thanks to whoever put this in the box!  I may share this one with my 6 yr old niece. 

Does it sound like British voice overs?   Researching it when I got it made me think it was more popular in UK.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I put it in my Retron3 and it worked.  I tried the google translate phone app, but it wouldn't read the graphic.  P.S. I didn't know the retron would play famicom.....

You know, I could have tried that. ;)

Yes, Retron or the Retro-Trio will play Famicom or Super Famicom games.  I think there's something that allows the Retron to even translate them if I'm not mistaken.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

My wife informed me that the box is waiting for me at the house.

I feel a little bit like a kid on Christmas Eve. :D

FYI - I've been losing my voice after being a little under the weather, so you may have to wait an extra day or so until I make a video showing what I took out.

I plan to do second one and release it once the box gets back to Rows showing what I left behind and put it.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I need to get more experience i.e. Posts. I really like this idea, maybe by the time it starts I will have enough. Lol.

same here, but I'm not sure if I'm ready on my end or not, lots of stuff is still in storage so maybe it's best to wait until next time around anyway. I may have some goodies on hand, I may not...now that I thought for another minute, I think I do have a few real goodies on hand...so we'll see if I make it or not. I'm not going to post just for the sake of this though, but I do post a lot, so maybe...duh...guess I should read the whole thread and look at dates before replying...guess I'm waiting until next time anyway since this one is already on the road!

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

same here, but I'm not sure if I'm ready on my end or not, lots of stuff is still in storage so maybe it's best to wait until next time around anyway. I may have some goodies on hand, I may not...now that I thought for another minute, I think I do have a few real goodies on hand...so we'll see if I make it or not. I'm not going to post just for the sake of this though, but I do post a lot, so maybe...duh...guess I should read the whole thread and look at dates before replying...guess I'm waiting until next time anyway since this one is already on the road!

We'll be kicking one out one after the first of the year.  Keep posting and you'll be set!

Ok, I now y'all have been waiting. At some point this weekend I plan to make a video and push out the box on Monday.

In the meantime, here's an appetizer.

One of the things I took out of the box is......(drum roll)

post-303-0-74779800-1448141397_thumb.jpg

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Archived