Thrift Store Finds

RickR

So this isnt a thrift store find. I was helping some friends move and i found this in their attic. They laughed and said this can be your payment. Ive always wanted a PS1 with a portable screen, but i have never seen the portable battery. I took it home and have cleaned it (after i took the photos). I have tried looking it up with no luck. I found 1 site that had it for like $400? But that cant be right.

Yall ever have one of these?

post-844-0-59549600-1515020212_thumb.jpg

post-844-0-90100900-1515020229_thumb.jpg

Could not resist all the good junk today.

• Two PS2 games
  • One Gamecube game
  • An unopened pirate metal sign
  • Unopened Ichiro bobblehead. 
  • And -- oh baby -- one of my favorite things to find.  An analog (non-HD) LCD TV.  These things are perfect for retro game systems. 

post-41-0-09017600-1518387324_thumb.jpg

I think i go into the goodwill right near the house too much. Especially when a worker i dont even know comes up to me and says "hey i was waiting on you to come in! Theres a tindo (Nintendo) system in the back i priced earlier today. I was just waiting to see you" he goes and brabs it and for $15 i was happy as could be. Got home plugged it in and it works. Definitely need to get this thing looking grey/white again.

post-844-0-60547300-1519161416_thumb.jpg

Edited by jmjustin6

Completely agree. It's a great plug and play, but the case is really hard to use. Best way to use it in my opinion, is to place it on the floor and sit criss-cross-applesauce.

Good idea. Also its really cool that it has level 256 on it. I havent ever gotten that far in the game before. Do the power pellets do nothing at that high of a level?

Could not resist all the good junk today.

• Two PS2 games
  • One Gamecube game
  • An unopened pirate metal sign
  • Unopened Ichiro bobblehead. 
  • And -- oh baby -- one of my favorite things to find.  An analog (non-HD) LCD TV.  These things are perfect for retro game systems. 

That TV I purchased turned out to have a 15" screen.  The other LCD models I have are 13".  So straight into the gaming cabinet it goes.  Works great.  What I have is an armoire that I have several gaming systems in.  I can play, and then close it up when not in use.  A great space saver. 

post-41-0-49936200-1519618901_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-73632600-1519619052_thumb.jpg

Seaquest is a fun game!  I actually have a hack of it changed into seaQuest DSV.  I should probably have Al make a cart for me.  :)

It really is a fun game.  I've been playing that and "Strategy X" this evening.  Both are really fun. 

You should share a picture of your hack.  Sounds pretty cool. 

That TV I purchased turned out to have a 15" screen.  The other LCD models I have are 13".  So straight into the gaming cabinet it goes.  Works great.  What I have is an armoire that I have several gaming systems in.  I can play, and then close it up when not in use.  A great space saver. 

I have that same floor lamp in my front living room! Good taste Rick!

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections