Thrift Store Finds

RickR

Went to Goodwill yesterday, and came back with a pretty nice haul.

Found a Samsung Gear VR headset for just $4.99. Brand new, it costs like $99.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Namco Museum case (a different game was inside it, but I had a caseless Namco Museum, so it works out), and Spider-Man for the Xbox.

Found some old PC games, too. You Don't Know Jack, SimCity 3000, Wing Commander: Prophecy, and 40 Best Windows 95 Games.

Hello Kitty is a DS game, still wrapped in plastic.

My JoyStick is an old IBM compatible joystick for younger children. It caught my eye with its thoroughly '90s box art.

Also found a Welcome to Playstation 3 demo blu-ray disc.

Lastly, Robots is the first UMD movie I've managed to add to my collection. However, it gets even better. When I opened the case to check the inside, I found that PSP demo disc stuck inside the case, too. I had no idea the PSP ever even had a demo disc. It has several non-playable game trailers, movie trailers, and music videos.

post-434-0-27129700-1523301599_thumb.jpg

post-434-0-53632800-1523301624_thumb.jpg

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

What a day!

I had the day off work, so I did a little thrift store shopping.

I found some CIB Intellivision games, one loose Pac Man, a Wii game for $0.75 and a PS2 game for $1.  And a Gremlins DVD.

post-41-0-06830100-1525820410_thumb.jpg

I also got a very nice 19" monitor for my wife's PC.  I know what you're thinking...cheap SOB won't buy his wife a new monitor.  But here's the thing -- if I did, she'd get really mad at me because her old 15" square one was "just fine".  This one was only $7.50, so I don't think she'll be too mad.  Plus built in speakers makes her desk a little neater.  

post-41-0-23759700-1525820413_thumb.jpg

Finally, a pair of all-black Converse Chuck 2's.  Now normally, I don't even look at shoes at Goodwill because "ewwww" to used shoes.  But these ones were on a display shelf, my size, and they look brand new.  No wear at all on the inside heel, or the soles that I could see.  I don't think they even make Chuck 2's anymore.  Too bad, because they are a lot more comfortable that the originals.  $15.

post-41-0-41980200-1525820411_thumb.jpg

Found this at goodwill today $2 for lite brite. $4 for NES controllers. (I think im up to like 14 controllers now) fallout 4 $2.50. Another freakin yoshi McDonald's toy. I have too many of these but i cant help but grab them when i see them. An awesome ecto 1 with a light up slimer sitting at the drivers seat.

And lastly i was excited to see pokepark 2, but when i opened it, it had been stolen. Ibe been wanting this game and hate see a good one stolen.

post-844-0-37336800-1525906198_thumb.jpg

post-844-0-54799800-1525906425_thumb.jpg

I also got a very nice 19" monitor for my wife's PC.  I know what you're thinking...cheap SOB won't buy his wife a new monitor.  But here's the thing -- if I did, she'd get really mad at me because her old 15" square one was "just fine".  This one was only $7.50, so I don't think she'll be too mad.  Plus built in speakers makes her desk a little neater.  

attachicon.gifstuff 006.JPG

Nice finds and that monitor is awesome for the price! 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison