Thrift Store Finds

RickR

Craigslist find.  An Atari 800 bundle.  Ballblazer CIB!  I'm quite happy about that.  There's also a game that I'd never heard of....Deflektor.  Internet research shows it was some kind of unreleased prototype.  I wonder if it's real or some kind of reproduction?

Also an Aquarius bundle. 

post-41-0-78013000-1454191547_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-01736100-1454191551_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-59095100-1454191553_thumb.jpg

Post and discuss cool retro items you find in the wild.

Today I found these laser disks (Pioneer) for $2 each.   I don't have a player, and I hear they are pretty finicky anyways...but I couldn't resist.  Also a couple of Playstation AV cables for $0.50 each. 

I have a LD player.  It was non-working when I got it but I cleaned it up and it started playing like a champ.  Those LD titles you have I bet are better compared to their VHS cousins.  Some of these can be in a Letterbox (or widescreen) edition before widescreen TVs became available.  I like it but then again I like CEDs, Beta, and VHS, too.  

Craigslist find.  An Atari 800 bundle.  Ballblazer CIB!  I'm quite happy about that.  There's also a game that I'd never heard of....Deflektor.  Internet research shows it was some kind of unreleased prototype.  I wonder if it's real or some kind of reproduction?

Also an Aquarius bundle. 

Your copy of Deflektor probably came from Video 61.  You might contact him to confirm it.  I know he has other prototype 8-bit programs that he has released on cartridge including Jr. Pac-Man and its label is similar in design to your Deflektor (name on white background above artwork).  

http://members.tcq.net/video61/compnew.html

Scroll down to the D's and you will see it spelled "Deflector" for $29.95.  So, I would say that your Atari outfit had a program cart that Video 61 released.  I hope that this helps.  

Your copy of Deflektor probably came from Video 61.  You might contact him to confirm it.  I know he has other prototype 8-bit programs that he has released on cartridge including Jr. Pac-Man and its label is similar in design to your Deflektor (name on white background above artwork).  

http://members.tcq.net/video61/compnew.html

Scroll down to the D's and you will see it spelled "Deflector" for $29.95.  So, I would say that your Atari outfit had a program cart that Video 61 released.  I hope that this helps.  

That is helpful, thanks.  On that page, he lists Deflektor as 64k.  The one I have does work on the 48k 800.  But that probably has no meaning.  I'll ask him.  Thanks again.

12474011_10205764606616380_2893047383131

Goodwill find.  Never pass up Atari carts for 99 cents.

is that a label variation of Defender? its missing the "use the joystick controllers" line.........

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Interesting....taking a closer look at the cart...its also open ended.   It doesn't have the little plastic block on the pins.   It looks like it was made that way.   

I'll let the opening bid be .....say.....one MILLION DOLLARS!?

1owPwdb.gif

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

here's my Woolco (Gretna, LA - Westside Shopping Center) ......... Grand Opening 9/4/1963

post-52-0-86942000-1455336704.jpg

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Wow.  I figured only sheep shopped there. 

Now why would sheep need Wool? ;)

Today's trip to Goodwill and Rowsdowers pro-tip of the day....always check the DVD section.   Props to the Mrs. for spotting these!

12715647_10205801855027567_1620926942616

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I got that same INTV Pitfall! (CIB) from Game Bros. in LaPorte for $10.

Not a thrift pickup,  but another trade:
6IFoXZv.jpgSMS, is in nice shape.   I need to get a new RF adapter for it. 

jFCOhYL.jpg
And now a view inside:

ljoCkmW.jpg

NJSXHIo.jpg

And lastly:

opJkASh.jpg

Been blessed with some awesome finds lately.   This week I'll do another video....this time an unboxing!