Thrift Store Finds

RickR

Nice setup!  So the new TV is 20" or so?  Those aren't bad weight-wise.  I thought it was a 32".

We used to have a 32" CRT TV upstairs, and it took me, my wife, and my son to get it down the stairs and into the car (to haul it to Salvation Army!)  My next door neighbor, who is quite burly, took pity and grabbed it from us and carried it the last 10 feet or so.  I call him Hercules now.  Then, when we got to SA, the worker there went to the back of the car.  Before I could finish saying "Be careful, it's really heavy"...the dude was casually lifting and carrying it into the building.  Is there a moral to this long-winded story?  Yes -- I have noodle arms. 

Edited by RickR

Some finds I made at Goodwill yesterday. Not as big a haul as my last two trips, and there were several items left that I was unable to purchase.

Anyway, 007 Tomorrow Never Dies(PS1), WCW Nitro(PS1), a Gameboy Advance SP carrying case, and an extra Wii television cable.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how the GBA SP case is supposed to work. As you can see in that first picture, there are no straps of any kind to hold it still, and nowhere to store games without them banging around, which seems dumb. I tried my GBA SP in it, but slides all around inside. Seems terribly impractical, if you ask me.

post-434-0-62473200-1460215159_thumb.jpg

post-434-0-95979900-1460215175_thumb.jpg

Edited by LeeJ07

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

Half-price day at the Salvation Army today.  Got the stuff below.  The Spongebob plug and play is interesting because it has a slot in it (labeled "Game Key").  Could it be to add more games?

yeah I only have mebbe 1 PnP with a key that fits a game ... it propitiatory to that particular PnP ....

mine isn't game key enabled ... or mebbe it's game key disabled :unsure: ... I never opened it up :P

I recall that Spongebob sports PnP to be pretty good .... most of the Spongebob ones are ... the pineapple house one is kind of a stinker but it looks cool anyways

I have a Ms. Pac-Man PNP with GameKey support, and it was sold with an extra GameKey. It slots in, and does indeed provide an extra game not already on the PNP. I have never seen any other GameKeys available, but I assume different types were produced. My GameKey has DigDug and... Rally X, I think.

Picked up an Intellivision 10 for a dollar at a flea market.

26646716182_153c83e896.jpg

It works, and I'll give it a whirl, but even without knowing a single thing about this thing (and I don't) I feel it's probably junk, given that the Intellivision does not make use of four buttons PLUS TWO SHOULDER BUTTONS WTF.  :rofl:

Will happily trade it for something else worth $1!

Went antiquing yesterday and got this: Star Trek: Generations by MicroProse for the PC.

It's never been opened, original plastic still intact. I'm debating whether or not the game is good enough to open and play, or keep sealed in the box.

I must say, I love the box art. Kirk and Picard, together, on one box? Count me in!

post-434-0-87469300-1462223181_thumb.jpg

Edited by LeeJ07

Went antiquing yesterday and got this: Star Trek: Generations by MicroProse for the PC.

It's never been opened, original plastic still intact. I'm debating whether or not the game is good enough to open and play, or keep sealed in the box.

I must say, I love the box art. Kirk and Picard, together, on one box? Count me in!

That is sweet!