Thrift Store Finds

RickR

So i recently got a new job. I deliver car parts to mechanic shops for pep boys. Anyway yeaterday i finished up my rout with time to spare and there was a goodwill that i have never been to before (about an hour away from my house) here is what i found

I was so happy to see animal crossing! I remember seeing the mario btos movie when it came out, but i dont remember a thing about it. So i cant wait to see it

Nice pickups on the two VHS tapes and both video game related! I would watch Mortal Kombat a million times before I think I could sit through Mario Bros again lol maybe it's not that bad but I remember it being kind of bad haha... you'll have to let us know how the refresh is and if you make it through the entire thing lol

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

So i recently got a new job. I deliver car parts to mechanic shops for pep boys. Anyway yeaterday i finished up my rout with time to spare and there was a goodwill that i have never been to before (about an hour away from my house) here is what i found

I was so happy to see animal crossing! I remember seeing the mario btos movie when it came out, but i dont remember a thing about it. So i cant wait to see it

That stuff is great, but mostly I want to say congrats on the new job!  Awesome news. 

Some of my recent thrift finds:

post-326-0-05264100-1505792470_thumb.jpg

Always good to find some sealed 5-1/4 floppies. That's a Fred Meyer sticker on the right one.

post-326-0-43483200-1505792958_thumb.jpg

Found this Power PC (Performa 6320CD) at Goodwill Outlet. It would have been $19 due to the weight, but they gave me a discount ($6 instead). It turns on and produces sound, but that's all I know so far, having no monitor (or VGA adapter), keyboard, or mouse that work with it. I must admit, I don't know that much about pre-OS X Macs.

post-326-0-18137800-1505793014_thumb.jpg

And now for something completely different! I found these at a little thrift store in Kennewick that I usually only visit every few months. Paid off this time!

Edited by RadioPoultry

Awesome finds today. I was with friends at goodwill. I found the namco plug n play and we took it home and played it. They talked about the memories with pacman and digdug

Also found some tapes i have been looking for for a long time especially Childs Play!! If anyone has childs play 2 & 3 on vhs let me know!!

post-844-0-58507000-1506214256_thumb.jpg

Edited by jmjustin6

Speaking purely hypothetically, how much would you be asking for said Odyssey 2?

I think shipping will be more than what I'm asking for for the console and 3 games.  I think I'd be happy to get $30 + shipping. 

Let me know if you or anyone else is interested.  Thanks.

So I went to the big city-wide garage sale today, and I do believe this is my biggest haul, EVER.

I finally found a copy of Basic Math for the 2600, one game that I've been wanting for awhile. Notice anything different about the label? I'll attach a bigger closeup of it.

Mario Kart Double Dash (Not For Resale) and Tetris Worlds for the Gamecube. The platinum controller was free.

Also found Rayman for the Playstation, Luxor: Pharaoh's Challenge for the PS2, and World Series Baseball 2K1 for the Dreamcast.

I got the Xbox 360 and Xbox One games all together for $11. L.A. Noire is unfortunately missing its first disc, but both it and the Call of Duty will be available for sale or trades if any of you guys are interested. (I don't have a 360 or Xbox One.)

Bunches of PC games this time.

Frogger, Hoyle Classic Card Games, Hoyle Word Games, The Oregon Trail, Quest For Glory Anthology, Redneck Rampage, and an edutainment title, Willy Wabbit & His Magical Books.

Also a demo disc from the July, 1998 issue of Computer Gaming World.

Last, but not least, I found a Mac version of The Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time. Google said it was good, but since I don't currently plan to ever get a Mac, I don't know how I'll ever be able to play it.

Also found some awesome VHS and DVD movies. I especially like the Indiana Jones Collection, and that Secret of NIMH VHS.

All in all, a most productive day.

post-434-0-54438900-1509758868_thumb.jpg

post-434-0-75046000-1509758934_thumb.jpg

post-434-0-10425800-1509759035_thumb.jpg

Edited by LeeJ07

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

Day 2 of the city-wide garage sale and the hits just keep on hitting.

Lots of PS2 games this time. DT Racer, Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies, Boogie, Casper: Spirit Dimensions, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Rock Band 2, Ski and Shoot, Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, and We ♡ Katamari.

For the Gamecube, Harvest Moon: Magical Melody, Madden NFL 07, Nascar Thunder 2003, The Chronicles of Narnia, and the case and manual for Animal Crossing, which is perfect because my copy was missing both.

A few Wii games, too. Lego Batman, Sonic and the Secret Rings, and The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night.

I also found an extra NES RF cable that was free, and neat looking GBA carrying case.

Last, but not least, I found a Mattel Hyperscan game, Ben 10, that looks to have never been opened. I know only a little about the Hyperscan, mainly that it was an expensive failure for Mattel, but I figure the games are probably not too common in the wild. Could be valuable someday, who knows...

Also found an awesome Young Indiana Jones VHS.

This has shaped up to be an awesome Birthday weekend for me.

post-434-0-71687400-1509840016_thumb.jpg

post-434-0-56821200-1509840103_thumb.jpg

I finally found a copy of Basic Math for the 2600, one game that I've been wanting for awhile. Notice anything different about the label? I'll attach a bigger closeup of it.

that's the "gatfold box" version of the game , does it have the end label ?

I forget why some text labeled carts are colored that way.

worth checking out the instructions, difficulty switches used for different stuff and division tables explained ...

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-basic-math_11568.html

that's the "gatfold box" version of the game , does it have the end label ?

I forget why some text labeled carts are colored that way.

worth checking out the instructions, difficulty switches used for different stuff and division tables explained ...

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-basic-math_11568.html

It is indeed.

Sadly, however, the end label with the number listed on it is missing.

I'm thinking I could try to print out a replacement so it at least looks complete.