Amiga Joyboard

leolinden

Considering you don't hear about them much, I think they are pretty damn rare. What I would do myself, is put it up on eBay for an outrageous price and see if someone snaps it up. You can always lower the price later. This has actually worked for me in the past, I sold a rare game, maybe worth $150-$200 seriously, for $350 and in hindsight I think I could have gotten more. I actually re-listed it 3 times, starting at $250, got a few offers for half that, the auction expired, then I relisted it at $300, got a few offers closer to my original asking price, the auction expired (well it was really 'buy it now' sale in each case), then I re-listed it for $350 and someone bought it. Reverse Psychology often works wonders with people who have money to burn! I do this once in a while on eBay, if I know it's rare. Salesmanship is the key though, I warned people who made offers that i wasn't in a hurry to sell or needing to sell, and I also had a good sales-pitch description of it. I'm a capitalist business man, after all. BUT, I also usually offer the products for fair prices or trade on forums before taking advantage of morons on eBay. It was a Jaguar game, that I turned around and bought 3 ~$100 Jaguar games to replace it. I like to build collections this way sometimes, especially with consoles that have skyrocketing prices.

But if you aren't planning on keeping it, offer it for trade here first, for something you really want that would be a fair trade to you.

And no, I'm not interested, this is not some form of psychology I'm attempting here, just an honest view and advice. On forums, I don't put on my sales hat, I like to trade fairly and even give stuff away. But at places like eBay, where it's every man for himself and the old adage, "buyer beware" I play the game everyone else does there. I'm no cheat or rip-off artist there either, I sell only quality stuff that buyers are happy with. I never sell as-is, I always guarantee with returns accepted, because I only sell stuff in good condition or refurbished/restored. And always fair prices except with real rarities. I learned my lesson by being burned before, selling stuff cheap, then seeing it re-listed by the buyer for much, much more.

Here is a link to what I actually sold, to get an idea of my salemanship: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Jaguar-KA-Aircars-ULTRA-RARE-/291556116457?hash=item43e21947e9:g:RaEAAOSwMmBV0zd8

A rare game, but one known in the Jag community to be not-so-good, But no lies in the description, just salemanship.

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

Here is what I bought with my sale, $120, $90 and $90 respectively, and after eBay and Paypal percentages, and shipping, I broke even. Purchased from Atari dealers and forums of course, not ePay.

post-878-0-81760600-1448124718_thumb.jpg

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

But if you aren't planning on keeping it, offer it for trade here first, for something you really want that would be a fair trade to you.

And no, I'm not interested, this is not some form of psychology I'm attempting here, just an honest view and advice. On forums, I don't put on my sales hat, I like to trade fairly and even give stuff away. But at places like eBay, where it's every man for himself and the old adage, "buyer beware" I play the game everyone else does there. I'm no cheat or rip-off artist there either, I sell only quality stuff that buyers are happy with. I never sell as-is, I always guarantee with returns accepted, because I only sell stuff in good condition or refurbished/restored. And always fair prices except with real rarities. I learned my lesson by being burned before, selling stuff cheap, then seeing it re-listed by the buyer for much, much more.

Thanks for the tips, but the reason I'm selling it is that I want to use the money to get a good camera for my Youtube. I will take your tips and apply them to my listing :D

Retro obsessed dude

Archived