"Donkey Kong Diva" Has Lawsuit Thrown Out

Rowsdower70

Billy Mitchell apparently had sued Cartoon Network for a character he feels was based on him, and shows him in a negative light.   While its a rather silly lawsuit, Billy does have a point.    The article makes for some fine readin' either way. 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-24-donkey-kong-diva-denied-in-cartoon-network-depiction-lawsuit

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I like how the article mentions BM "lives in Hollywood" and fails to mention that he lives in Hollywood, FL. Big difference.

I honestly had never heard of the character, but it is obviously a parody of Mitchell.   But hey, what do I know!?   I'm just a nerd.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Sure, the lawsuit is silly, but that article is very poorly written with regards to objectivity. That aforementioned omission that BM lives in Hollywood, *Florida* is a case in point. The article is blatantly painting BM as an out of touch jerk from Hollywood who has nothing better to do than waste money suing Cartoon Network.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

Archived