1982 King Kong for Atari 2600

Retro Play

Thanks for showing me a game to avoid. Even if rare, I only collect games I intend to play, I don't need any "rare" pieces of crap in my collections. One reason I sold my rare copy of Aircars on the Jaguar and replaced it with 3 great Jaguar games!

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

Yeah, well, back then I liked lots of 2600 platform games, but today most are too simple looking for me, even the real 2600 Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. Pretty much only Pitfall! and Pitfall! 2 is it for 2600 platformers I still enjoy any more.

Give me Star Voyager, Star Master and Solaris and pretty much any Imagic or Activision game on the 2600, those I still enjoy. maybe some Galaxian and other good games of that genre. But then, I have my 8-bit Atari computer to play better versions of most of them. And the 7800 when I get it back. I have fond memories of the 2600, but it was the Atari 8-bit computers and 7800 that made me a real Atari fan.

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

You're way to generous with that 3.5 rating......LOL

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Archived