RickR

Free Games thread

Hey Gamers!

Get your Medal of Honor Pacific Assault for PCs through Origin while you can.  It's FREE!!  Also below that, and while not entirely free, is a 10-hour trial to Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2.  Link to website to get game is below.  Enjoy!

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/free-games

For anyone on GOG (if you are not you should be, older games super cheap, DRM FREE and setup to run on modern hardware it is one of my favorite options) JOTUN IS FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME
A hand-drawn epic through the unforgiving Norse Purgatory
https://www.gog.com/game/jotun?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=20170710_weekly_sale&utm_term=EN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gd2xuhv_hQ

Man, I clicked on that link to get the game, found out I had an account and discovered 15 more games I forgot I had.  It was like my birthday all over again!  At least three of those games are from the Ultima series!!  I was like, "Where'd these come from?"

Thanks for sharing, MaxRD!

Man, I clicked on that link to get the game, found out I had an account and discovered 15 more games I forgot I had.  It was like my birthday all over again!  At least three of those games are from the Ultima series!!  I was like, "Where'd these come from?"

Thanks for sharing, MaxRD!

Hah I hear you man! I often forget my GOG library, I really should install the client on our new DELL laptop, with i5 CPU and 8GB ram it is better than my desktop.

Well, I'm using a 2008 Toshiba Satellite designed for gaming...by 2008 standards.  It does have an nVidia GPU, suppose to have a Centrino but Windows 7 reports my system as having a Core 2 Duo, and 4 GB of RAM.  So far I have not had much issues running modern games from Steam like the truck simulator series from SCS Software (Euro Trucking 2, American Trucking).  I did try to install the GOG client but ran into a missing DLL issue which I am trying to resolve.  So far, no luck.

Well, I'm using a 2008 Toshiba Satellite designed for gaming...by 2008 standards.  It does have an nVidia GPU, suppose to have a Centrino but Windows 7 reports my system as having a Core 2 Duo, and 4 GB of RAM.  So far I have not had much issues running modern games from Steam like the truck simulator series from SCS Software (Euro Trucking 2, American Trucking).  I did try to install the GOG client but ran into a missing DLL issue which I am trying to resolve.  So far, no luck.

Hmm I do not know why that would be. I would try right clicking and install GOG client as admin. Also I am pretty sure the GOG installer installed Microsoft Visual C++ package as well but I cannot say which particular one so keep an eye out for that. Otherwise I don't know man, I have not had a missing DLL issue since XP days if I recall. 

Worse case scenario even if the GOG client wont install for you you should STILL be able to claim the game and download the game installer direct from GOG website.