Squad Challenge - Centipede (Atari 2600)

Justin

"Scoreboard" requires video ......I only have digital camera pics of the TB versions :(

We strongly encourage players to take the effort to post videos, but all that's required for Scoreboard is a picture. You should post your high scores Arena! :)

Plus, your photos carry added credibility as the games were played in public at a gaming expo. That's legit!

Check out the section on "Posting Photos & Videos". "A photo of your score is all that's required, but we strongly encourage recording your gameplay if you can." Complete instructions for the Scoreboard are here: http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/1213-scoreboard-how-to-post-your-score/

I haven't played Greatest Hits on DS, but if it's the ORIGINAL ROM being emulated, that would qualify. If you believe it passes the "Am I playing honestly and fairly?" test then it should be good. We want to make this as easy as possible for everyone to easily participate without being complicated and without being unfair. :)

While I do not have the ability, skill or knowledge to peek at the rom itself, I believe the GH DS collections to be on par with the Flashbacks as far as quality and faithfulness go. So much so, that I sold my physical copy I used for my review since I had it on this collection. Right now I only have a sealed copy that I do not want to open.

Anywho, here is my first submission: 44,514

post-303-0-42132200-1449144712_thumb.jpg

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I played about 10 times and I consistently start topping out in the mid-high 30s. Here is my best score of the night. I'll try again this weekend if I have another opportunity. Played on a LHE modded 7800 with one of my homemade sticks.

Side note: I found it a little strange playing the 2600 version on the 7800 because the 7800 version is great in its own right.

post-65-0-26128800-1449288469_thumb.jpeg

post-65-0-15088300-1449288536_thumb.jpeg

I tried a few times on my 7800 with a 2600 controller. My hands have just gotten too old for this one. I couldn't break 30,000, first attempt using Stella and a PS1 controller I hit 50,000! So the controller definitely makes a difference for me. Back to it!

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

I tried a few times on my 7800 with a 2600 controller. My hands have just gotten too old for this one. I couldn't break 30,000, first attempt using Stella and a PS1 controller I hit 50,000! So the controller definitely makes a difference for me. Back to it!

Greenween, don't feel bad!  I had the same issue.  It was holding down the button that really cramped my hand.  Switching to an emulator and a Logitech gamepad really helped me out.  Maybe a Genesis controller would work too.  I'll try that next. 

By the way you got to be ready for the picture, the game clears out after a minute or so. I had to do my run again.

If you wait, it will enter a demo mode, but your score will still show.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube