Systems You've Never Played

StormSurge

I know this may seem blasphemous, but are there any systems you've NEVER played a game on?

Unfortunately, I have quite a few.

- Atari 5200

- Atari Jaguar

- Atari Lynx

- Sega Master System

- Colecovision (this was always a dream of mine because the games looked so good being a 2600 kid)

- Magnavox Odyssey

- NeoGeo

- 3DO

Never played a Lynx or a Neo-Geo (home unit).   I've never played an Astrocade (I looked at one at the Expo).  I've never played a Fairchild.   I've never played an actual Famicom or Superfamicom.   Never played a Game.com, or a Virtual Boy either. 

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I've never played:

Atari's PONG consoles ( I owned Coleco TelStar systems back then)

Channel F

Oddyssey 1, but I did own number 2.

Gameboy

Gameboy advance or any other Nintendo portable to this day

Neo-Geo (except a few games ported to the Dreamcast)

Turbo Grafx/PC engine

Game Cube

Any Wii

PS3

PS4

Xbox One

And Arcadia and RDI Halcyon because I never heard of them, and I've never played a Wonderswan and countless other consoles never released in th U.S, and/or never heard of them because they were never released in the U.S.

I could list a bunch more that I played on occasion at a friends house, but never wanted to own one, like most Nintendo products.

Next thing on my mind is which of those never played systems would I like to play/own? Neo-Geo, Turbo grafx, Xbox One. Still not interested in any of the others.

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

Oh man stormsurge you really need to come to ny and play some old games, I should have my game room all set up in the new year.  Hmm I've never played an Astrocade or an odyssey 1, a few new systems like ps3 and 4? or WiiU, xbox 360 and one, Neo Geo, 3DO I'm sure I'm missing a few newer and a few obscure older ones, of the lynx.  But my buddy came back from Japan on saturday and I think he brought me a famicom and super famicom! 

What have I not played on?

7800- Want

Lynx- Want

Jaguar

Vectrex- Want

Bally Astrocade

Odyssey 2

Microvision- Want

SG-1000

Master System- Want

Sega CD- Want

Sega 32X

Saturn

Dreamcast- Own, but not yet used

Game Gear- Want

SNES- Want

N64- Want

GameCube- Want

Wii U- Want

Game Boy- Want

Game Boy Color

Virtual Boy- Want

DS

3DS- Want

Neo Geo AES

3DO

Turbografx16- Want

TurboExpress- Want

PS3- Want

PS4

PSVita- Want

Xbox- Own, but not yet used

Xbox 360

Xbox One

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

I've been really lucky.  The main ones I haven't tried:

Neo Geo

3DO

CDi

I did get to try an Odyssey 1 at a video game show at our local Science Museum many years ago.  They had one out...with the overlays taped onto a tv screen.  A little kid started pulling and ripping on the overlay!  A docent came and stopped that.  But I hear a lot of the systems on display were put behind glass after that first day.  They also had the original Computer Space there, and Virtual Boy.  And many others.  Probably that show is the one that really kicked off my collecting passion beyond just Atari and Commodore systems. 

NEVER played a game on.......

Atari Pong

Coleco TelStar

Channel F

Lynx

Bally Astrocade

Odyssey 1/2

SG-1000

Master System

Genesis/CD/32x

Saturn

Dreamcast

Game Gear

Game Boy

Game Boy Color

Virtual Boy

Wii U

DS

3DS

Game & Watch handhelds

Neo Geo AES/CD/Pocket Color

3DO

Turbografx16

TurboExpress

Philips CD-i

RDI Halcyon

PSP

PS3

PS4

PSVita

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

I could add to my list now that others have posted some that I forgot about, like the RCA Studio II, etc. But some of you are in DIRE need of stretching your horizons! I thought I was bad, especially with basically ignoring Nintendo in my life, but, WOW, some of you are really behind the 8-ball if you hang out on retro gaming sites like Atari.io. Shame on those who have so many Atari systems you've never played and being a member here! Just kidding! ^_^

I think Arenafoot and LeeJ07 just need to list the game systems they have played, the list has to be much shorter...and I think some of us need to get together and send them some console love for the holidays! Though I speak out of turn as I'm not in a position to be sending out consoles myself right now. :unsure:

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

I have all the systems that I do want and have over 30. But the ones that I do not want are these.

Jaguar: Thanks to the Jaguar forums on atariage.

3DO: Cool system but heard about the intermittent problems with the laser reading discs. Library is sub par and most of the latter games were released on the Playstation.

Hey, if you never want them, so be it. But I am sorry, but your reasons just aren't very good, IMO. Not wanting a system just because of one cruddy forum, to me, is a pitiful excuse. And the 3DO has a very good library, imo. Both are favorite systems of mine, and I mean ALL-TIME favorites. But I just had to speak up because it saddens me that you don't want them for reasons that I don't see as valid. But it's all good. If you want to never own them for those reasons, more power to you. After all, I don't intend on ever owning any Nintendo systems, and I can't even give a reason, valid or not, I just don't want them. I'd just rather have had you say your just not interested in them rather than the reasons you gave. Cheers!

I myself left AA for good, specifically due to the jaguar forum there, so I know what you mean about the forum, but it's not going to make me not like my favorite system of all time, I just left.

Oh, and the laser problems with the 3DO are really only with the cheaply made Goldstar model, if you get either of the Panasonic models that is rarely a problem. Mine is 21 years old and still works like a charm (the laser that is, my 3DO is currently broken due to a transformer issue, but that was my stupidity, not due to poor design or manufacturing).

Archived