What system that you've never played do you want the most?

Bakerman

I think this is a good topic on the heels of what systems you've never played. Especially with Christmas wishing. But remember Christmas wishes don't always come true, but it might be fun to see if anyone got what they listed for Christmas. For me it's the Turbo Grafix 16 I think. I suppose listing 2-3 is o.k., but don't go overboard please.

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

I really want a GameCube, just so I can play the hidden Star Wars Arcade game on a console. Thankfully they seem to be relatively inexpensive, so I'm certain I'll have one soon.

The Super Nintendo is my answer. I played one once, so it's not on my "Never Played" list but I would love to dig into that catalog.

As for consoles I truly never played, I don't really want any. I don't have any nostalgic connection, so I can live without them.

I really want a GameCube, just so I can play the hidden Star Wars Arcade game on a console. 

Are you talking about the unlockable version included in Star Wars Rogue Squadron III?

That is pretty cool . B)

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I really, REALLY, want a 3DS. Like... It's almost all I think about, like, all the time.

For a classic system, though, I'd have to say... Either a 7800, an SNES, or... a Sega CD. I know.

Also, Dreamcast. Technically, I already have a Dreamcast, so it doesn't exactly count, but I've had no luck so far with acquiring accessories or games for it, and I've been *dying* to dive into its library for over a year now.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

As I see it, nearly all systems except the 2600 are on the rise, price-wise. The 2600 market peaked a few years ago, and is now on a decline again, but everything else is going up up  up. I predict that NES and Genesis are going to see the largest increase as they both seem to be entering a new period of nostalgia with even the general public.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

For a lot of people bi know they feel the 2D titles on both of these have aged far better than the 8 Bit formats and the early 3D systems including PS1/Saturn and thus are happy to return to, where as many who try a PS1/Saturn or N64 title come way saying OMG i cannot belive how ugly that looks...

This! When I play a N64 game, that's the exact feeling I have. Granted, I'll still play some fun games, but I'd much rather pop-in a game from earlier generations.

Those games are great! It's just that seeing all those polygons in a game like Madden for example, is jarring for me when comparing it to Madden games that came before & after. (And believe, I understand comparing a game from the late 90s to today graphically-speaking isn't close to fair, I'm just saying that the blocky graphics from those early 3D titles seem very dated to me, even compared to the MD/Genesis/SNES era)

Madden '93

madden-1993-header.jpg

Madden 64

madden2000n64screen1.jpg

Madden '16

madden-16-online-team-play.png

Archived