HUGE MST3K news! (at least for me)

Rowsdower70

http://www.avclub.com/article/dan-harmon-and-justin-roiland-are-both-writing-new-229562

The creators of Rick and Morty have signed on as writers for the new MST3K!    In my opinion these guys have the funniest cartoon around and are just oozing with the right kind of talent!

I'm more excited than ever about the project.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I've read how some controversy has arised in certain geek circles about who's in the reboot from the original show, who's not, who's been asked, who hasn't.

I mention this cuz the basic formula of 'MST3K' ing an odd/bad movie has existed for ages (I can picture bored cavemen staring at brontosaurus and coming up with the first ever "Yo momma..." jokes)

and anybody who takes this on is basically grabbing the funny-baton and keeping the race for the funniest jokes going, making us all the better for it.

This is great news.

And I see Leo has taken on the challenge as well.

More power to you!

Yeah, this show has given me more hearthy laughs than anything.

Can't wait to see the new results.

No "controversy" except the drama people make up. Everything has slowly been unveiled and announcement in stages as it progressed. There was nothing deceptive going on, there were hopes on who might participates from fans of course but it was only dreams and speculation. Ex members were asked but had other obligations or simply moved on. Would have been nice to see get funded for the entire season worth of new episodes but it is what it is.  

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

No "controversy" except the drama people make up. Everything has slowly been unveiled and announcement in stages as it progressed. There was nothing deceptive going on, there were hopes on who might participates from fans of course but it was only dreams and speculation. Ex members were asked but had other obligations or simply moved on. Would have been nice to see get funded for the entire season worth of new episodes but it is what it is.  

At the beginning of the Kickstarter things were VERY unclear.   Nobody knew who was participating, and it wasn't said on their Kickstarter whether or not the original cast members would be participating.   Slowly, one-by-one, old cast members revealed that they weren't involved and all was well.   Joel should have been quite up front about that, in my opinion. Money was coming in before these clarifications were made.

Having said that, they seem to be making all the right moves on casting and signing up writers so far!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Well, think a lot of these crowd funded projects are like that though. Even ones that are 100% clear upfront and fully funded never end up delivering in the end. I wont say I was not disappointed when Rifftrax did one to raise capital to get the rights to Riff Twilight, they were successful but in the end we got Starship Troopers. For myself I preferred that anyway but I know a lot of fans were certainly disappointed by the switch. In the end I am happy as long as we get more riffing it's all good. Hell just the fact we are getting "new" Mst3k episodes boggles my mind lol. 

Hmmm sounds like RICK AND MORTY is something I should check out............ ^_^

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Well, think a lot of these crowd funded projects are like that though. Even ones that are 100% clear upfront and fully funded never end up delivering in the end. I wont say I was not disappointed when Rifftrax did one to raise capital to get the rights to Riff Twilight, they were successful but in the end we got Starship Troopers. For myself I preferred that anyway but I know a lot of fans were certainly disappointed by the switch. In the end I am happy as long as we get more riffing it's all good. Hell just the fact we are getting "new" Mst3k episodes boggles my mind lol. 

Hmmm sounds like RICK AND MORTY is something I should check out............ ^_^

Exactly MaxRD, as long as we get more MST3K, I'm happy!   I will be glued to the new episodes I'm sure.

I HIGHLY recommend Rick & Morty.   It is definitely not for children, however!

Archived