video game brain problems

jmjustin6

Hi i have recently come into contact with a video game brain and it isnt working right. Im sure its because the main board is in bad shape. It looks like rust or something. It has been sitting in a basement for probably 20+ years. Does anyone know how i might fix this? I have tried the normal rubbing alcohol and qtip with no success

The power light comes on fine but this is what comes on the screen.

post-844-0-45955000-1449752441_thumb.jpg

post-844-0-74297700-1449752481_thumb.jpg

post-844-0-62564700-1449752520_thumb.jpg

It's used to make it easier to switch cartridges....you just push a button to pick the game you want to play.  Interesting for sure!

If there's rust involved, I'd try the "Barkeeper's Friend" method.  In summary, you put a little "Barkeepers Friend" powder in a cup, add a little water to make a watery paste, and then scrub the contacts with a small toothbrush dipped in that stuff.  Once you've scrubbed, scrub again with plain water, and dry with a towel. 

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Archived