Sign in to follow this  
StormSurge

STAR WARS: The Force Awakens ***SPOILER ALERT*** Discussion Thread For Those Who Have Seen It

To me, it was more of a original trilogy greatest hits, pulling key moments from all three original movies. (Lonely Force-sensitive person alone on a desert planet, father/son issues & a showdown on a high catwalk & Han having to take down shields on a planet for an attack on a space station)

I loved, loved, loved it. (Again, I'm easy to please  :D )

Think back to the "Original" Star Wars (A New Hope).  It was equally plot-hole filled and left a lot of unanswered questions.  This movie, like that one, needs to be evaluated as part of a trilogy.  I will never forget that anticipation after episodes 4 and 5 for the next movie that we had to wait YEARS for.  Did anyone have that feeling after episodes 1 or 2?  I don't think so. 

That Huffington Post article:  You can pick apart ANY movie plot.  With that level of criticism, it's a wonder they found anyone that had the guts to make the movie at all.  I will admit the fact that Kylo Ren didn't annihilate Finn in a light saber duel was weird...but maybe there will be more to Finn's backstory later...Or maybe Ren was weakened by his earlier act. 

I'm just going to leave it at this:  I loved it.  I was entertained 100% for the whole thing, and I totally want to watch it again in the theater.  And I'm glad to not have to sit through another 3 hour movie when 2 hours is more than enough time. 

I saw it today with my eldest daughter. I have to say that I was left wanting more, but I can't say that I was let down. Yes we were piecemealed characters from 4-6, but we met characters way better than episode one gave us. Jarjar (shudders)

I am actually interested in some of these spinoff movies more than before. Origins stories, stuff like that.

Sidebar, did anyone else think that Kilo looked like a younger Snape?

J.J. Abrams, I think I love you, despite the Star Trek thing...

That's the second pick on Star Trek.  What am I missing?  The Star Trek movie franchise was a dead and lifeless corpse.  He brought it back to life.  The movies were fast-paced, well casted, and fun.  Yes, there were lots of plot holes.