Coleco Chameleon (formerly Retro VGS)

Atari Creep

Good video No Swear Gamer and Leo, I agree that Retro VGS isn't going succeed at prices for $300+ for a system.

If it was $150 maybe.

I can't afford $300 for system I will pledge 10.00 at least for my support.

In the future, when posting about this please call it Retro VGS, a lot of people call it VGS and most people out there think its connected with my show

and it not. no offense to those who don't. but it does get confusing.

AVC Online:atari-video.club

VGS website: http://videogamesummit.net

Mike Kennedy founded Game Gavel and he's the lead on VGS.

I know you mean retro vgs, (as well as others do too) but still rather you call it RVGS to avoid confusion between video game summit and the system.

(its bad enough theres a sight that already site using VGS (video game scoreboard) in its name.

AVC Online:atari-video.club

VGS website: http://videogamesummit.net

One of the questions I'm wondering about is if the original Atari Jaguar moulds have already been modified/damaged beyond repair to make the Retro VGS shells. It seems like a lot of initial interest came to them from Jaguar owners buying clear shells. I like all of the different VGS shell colors but would LOVE for them to be available for the Jag. It would be a shame if those moulds were ruined.

One of the questions I'm wondering about is if the original Atari Jaguar moulds have already been modified/damaged beyond repair to make the Retro VGS shells. It seems like a lot of initial interest came to them from Jaguar owners buying clear shells. I like all of the different VGS shell colors but would LOVE for them to be available for the Jag. It would be a shame if those moulds were ruined.

Yeah you would think that they would have ran off more colors to sell. They could have made more than the $18k they got from just selling the clear consoles/carts. They might be closer to their goal if they would have done that, than where they are right now.

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Just caught this video by Lon Seidman a great Tech and gadget review I am subbed to "Withdrawing my Retro VGS Pledge" - smart choice LON lol. He touches on some good points beginning around 4m45s mark

He explains why he withdrew his pledge, how he feels they are rushing the project and not ready as well miscommunication among the team etc. Just a clip from his video description - Last week I mentioned that I was backing the Retro VGS Kickstarter, but I have since decided to ask for a refund. The reason is that I don't think this project is ready for market. The team doesn't feel cohesive, with the hardware engineer John Carlsen revealing in a post this week that he withholds information from his business partner, Mike Kennedy. A subsequent interview with the full three person Retro VGS team posted by Retro Gaming Magazine had the partners frequently talking over each other and at times contradicting one another.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Breaking:

https://www.facebook.com/RETROVGS/posts/886061388129799

Hey Everyone! It’s clear, in its current state the RETRO VGS Indiegogo campaign is dead in the water and thusly will be shut down early. Once the Indiegogo team explains to us how we can do this, the plug will be pulled and all of you who have contributed will receive a refund post haste. Or you can go in and request a refund from Indiegogo right now.

The good news is we aren’t giving up and have made some adjustments to our hardware team, which includes the involvement of other hardware gurus who were part of our venture in the very beginning. We will also be lowering the price while maintaining most of the cool features you all want.

We will be back in the near future with a prototype RETRO VGS system, front-and-center playing our games on our cartridges and with our USB controller. Sit tight, be patient and RETRO VGS will return.

Thanks again for your support, patience and understanding while we regroup and prepare for the relaunch of a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter.

⚠️ THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THE FOLLOWING INCIDENT: http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/475-theretrocade/?p=7683

So pretty much THEY ARE DOING WHAT PEOPLE HAVE ?BEEN SUGGESTING FOR WEEKS NOW ! I almost can't believe they actually realize people are not just "haters" or haven't stopped "Believing in the dream" lol. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

I feel I owe these guys a bit of an apology even though they bring criticism on themselves. I've been pretty ruff on them this week. Withdrawing from Indigogo is the honorable thing to do. Maybe they're naive but they're probably good guys chasing their dreams. I stand by what I said but I don't want to be like everyone else on the other forum sites that tears down other people's dreams and stirs up negativity.

Interesting idea but piss poor execution. It started simple at a decent estimated launch price then they wanted to add more and more. eventually the increase in console price, a unrealistic funding goal and mostly lack of communication between Mike and the rest of the team. Add to all of that no prototype, vague information at best and instead of providing any solid details or info to those who raised any valid concerns or critiques Mike chose to simply categorize everyone as haters, trolls and people who for some unknown reason were simply not on board with his Retro Gaming Dream. No, they did it to themselves, smoke and mirrors and promises and asking backers to "keep the faith" is asking too much these days imho. Personally I would love to see a new modern console that plays retro games on cartridges BUT the idea of playing INDIE and RETRO LIKE games that would require cartridges that cost a premium over buying the same titles that are downloadable, at lower cost from STEAM or on other current consoles was not sitting well for me. YES the feel of cartridges, the labels, manuals, packaging and the feeling that the game is something tangible is very nice especially for the market they are catering to but in order to expect people to pay a premium for that they would need to offer something more like original and exclusive games as well offering the main console at a realistic price point for what it is. I think MIKE simply got a little too hungry and things evolved into far more than what it simply should have been, keep it simple, keep it competitively priced and offer something I cannot get elsewhere especially if you are going to demand a higher cost to have the games on cart. 

- M. Bison