Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Octagon

Blazing Lazers

Here's a look at Blazing Lazers, one of my favorite TurboGrafx-16 titles, and one of my all-time favorite 16-bit era video games.

So, what do you guys think? Have you played Blazing Lazers? What impression did it leave you with of the TurboGrafx-16 console?

Blazing Lazers was the first TurboGrafx game I ever played.  Played it before I had my Turbo, even.  It was playing on a big screen TV at McDuff's Electronics in the mall in my town.  It was the only place I knew of that sold them, even.  Anyway, I stood there for probably an hour playing it.  I was amazed... this was so much better than Tiger Heli and 1943... lol

I think Blazing Lazers was the first TurboGrafx-16 game I ever played too. It was the demo game they had playing in the TurboGrafx kiosk at our Toys R Us. Other shoot 'em ups came along like Soldier Blade that were graphically superior, but Blazing Lazers has always been my favorite to play on that system.

Took a break from playing R-Type and popped in Blazing Lazers.  I think playing so much R-Type gave me practice because I beat Blazing Lazers for the first time in years.  No continues.  Didn't think I'd do it as I was running out of lives... ended up killing the last boss with the pea shooter.  😃

IMG_5644.JPG

IMG_5651.JPG

IMG_5652.JPG

IMG_5654.JPG

IMG_5656.JPG