Atari I/O Newsbreak - 12.23.15

Justin

Justin - what is the significance of the morphing during the first 30 seconds? I saw what looked like the pelican from the Louisiana state flag.......... just wondering...........

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Just a cool vibe I think Arena. That would be my guess. We've talked a lot more about the old PBS intros than we have Adult Swim. Remember old PBS would almost have a few seconds of quiet space between things. It created a special feeling and that's what we like to do with the site. Justin did a PBS style intro with DeLorean narrating it a few years ago. Justin can speak more to it, but I know it's encouraged that we think differently and try new things to make things special.

Just a cool vibe I think Arena. That would be my guess. We've talked a lot more about the old PBS intros than we have Adult Swim. Remember old PBS would almost have a few seconds of quiet space between things. It created a special feeling and that's what we like to do with the site. Justin did a PBS style intro with DeLorean narrating it a few years ago. Justin can speak more to it, but I know it's encouraged that we think differently and try new things to make things special.

That's all true, but there's more to it. See below.

Justin - what is the significance of the morphing during the first 30 seconds? I saw what looked like the pelican from the Louisiana state flag.......... just wondering...........

Good catch at seeing a deeper meaning behind this Arenafoot. In my view it represents gaming and nostalgia's transformative affect on the subconscious. Like trying to remember and make sense of a dream. Games, memories, and imagination all come from the same place. It's a medium that stokes our creative abilities and releases our inner opposite. Our minds and senses are engaged by the thrill, adventure, skill and strategy of games. These things are swirling around our subconscious along with our memories and sense of nostalgia.

All those things can come together into one, gaming and nostalgia and it's impact in our lives, and that's what this site is all about.

Archived