Snafu - A simple, fun, classic game!

Rowsdower70

Maybe M-Network decided that Snafu would have been redundant with Surround, but I think it might have done well.

I thought the same thing when I first got Snafu.   As a kid, as far as I was concerned I was playing Light Cycles anyway.   

Sounds like a simple idea for a homebrew though!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

It doesn't have to be flashy to be a good game.   I wonder why M-Network never made an Atari version.

I have this game for Intellivision (although I don't have an Intellivision).  When I had the INTV console, four of them to be honest, I played this and Lock N Chase the most.  I sold off three of the four consoles a long time ago.  The fourth one I was going to hang on to for myself but someone wanted to get one for their kid for Christmas.  I couldn't resist so I let it go.  I have not been able to find an INTV since.

M-Network probably didn't make Snafu for Atari for a few reasons.  Most notably is Atari made Surround.

Snafu on the 2600 might have caused a lawsuit between Atari and M-Network for copyright infringements.  This is just theory, though, so don't quote me on it.  Snafu is a really good game and fun.  I never played the INTV games with two players simply because I was the only one playing so I don't know how much fun it is with two people.

I never knew how good this game was until I got the Intellivision Flashback. So of course had to get the CIB Intellivision Snafu cart. And then the Atari Surround.

I second the motion for the homebrew M Network Snafu for the VCS/2600!  :thumb:

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

How is it better than Surround?

better graphics w/ INTV......

post-52-0-50364700-1451265200.jpg

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

How is it better than Surround?

Snafu I have played, Surround I have not played.  I can't honestly say Snafu is better than Surround but I can say that Snafu is spot-on fun.  One against three computer controlled players is fun and can make for a challenging game.  And the music playing during game play is sort of catchy.  I will always lean more in Atari's direction but I have to give kudos to Mattel for Snafu.  It is a good game.

Archived