Sign in to follow this  
The Professor

Goodwill Auction Finds

Cool find!  I remember seeing shifty in the late 80's I think at KayBee Toys.  It's cool because it has a primitive touch screen (kind of), and that built in cover to keep it looking minty.  I think you are right that these are pretty rare...coming way at the end of the handheld era, these were dated when they were new. 

If you plan on selling it, I'd find a PDF of the manual on-line and print it out in color.  Buyer will appreciate that.  And if you want to trade it...well, you know there's a sucker here on Atari.io that loves handhelds. 

That kills me because they show it as "as-is, for parts".   They don't even know if it's genuine.  It could be any old cart with a sticker on it.   

$30k worth of stupidity, right there.

Goodwill's opening bid was for $5.oo ... it was the bidders that have it bid up that high

anyway to translate that writing on label ?

Goodwill's opening bid was for $5.oo ... it was the bidders that have it bid up that high

anyway to translate that writing on label ?

Oh yeah, its self inflicted stupidity.  

I blame Gooodwill for a lot of things, but the ridiculous prices their auctions sometimes go for isn't one of them.