1991 NBC Satruday Morning Lineup

nosweargamer

post-303-0-28146600-1451507831_thumb.jpg

One of the weaker Saturday Morning lineups.

Other than Captain N and an occasional episode of Saved by the Bell, I didn't care for any of the other shows.

I don't think I ever heard of Chip & Pepper. 

I don't remember much about Spacecats.

I do remember the Macaulay Culkin show, but don't remember watching it. Seriously, if they wanted him in a show, it should've been tied to his Home Alone character been constantly chased by The Wet Bandits (which would've included more members).

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I know what saved by the bell is, but its after my time.   My cartoon lineups were mid 70s through mid-late 80s!

Maybe these were great too, but I'm kinda biased towards my era.   I'm sure we all are!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I think this the during the time most of the sat cartoons was starting to go and they were starting to add live action shows

For me, the shift to live action slowly signified the end of true Saturday Morning tv.

It seems the same thing has been happening to cartoon network for quite some time now.

Things I miss: Toy prizes with cereal, full color gaming manuals and cartoons after school, on Saturday AM and on Cartoon Network!

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Let's see, during the late 80's it was Captain N, Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show/Garfield and Friends, then on went the NES or Atari console.  I also remember my toddler years watching Banana Split Gang, Shazam!, and then later it was Shmoo, Smurfs, Snorks, Shirt Tales, Saturday Supercade, Scooby Doo (without Scrappy), He-Man, Heckle and Jeckle, Mighty Mouse, and Casper.  Oh and I can't forget Yogi.  Yea...a little bit of this and a little bit of that.  It's a darn (sorry for pun) shame that the three major networks don't show these cartoons with the imaginative spirit and excitement we had Saturday mornings.  I think our kids and grandkids might like them.  

Archived