Atari in Albuquerque

Chris++

Nice place you've got here, Justin! I heard about it while listening to Ferg's Atari 2600 Game-by-Game Podcast.

I'm Chris. I live in the beautiful Southwest with a family of four CX-40s, several emulators, a Stelladapter, a Jaguar, a few Commodore Amigas, a CD-32 and a PS2.

I'm a composer (oooh...fancy-shmancy) and I play a few instruments. I wrote The Classic-Gaming Bookcast. I also frequently contribute articles to an awesome website called Orphaned Computers & Game Systems. A few members already know this stuff; I've noticed some familiar "faces" from AtariAge.

I didn't just sign up to plug my writing, of course. The more old-game forums, the better! What was the motivation behind creating Atari-centered message boards that exist separately from AtariAge's? (There's no sarcasm or criticism in that question, by the way; I'm genuinely curious about your hopes for the forums, what led to your enthusiasm for undertaking the big job of running them, etc.)

In any case, congratulations on establishing them. If you're not Justin, congratulations on reading a message posted by me!

(Running away, dodging thrown joysticks, horn-rimmed eyeglasses and bulky pocket protectors)

WELCOME CHRIS++!!!

Thank you for the kind words regarding the site! I hope you really enjoy it here. This has become a community of truly nice people, friendly and welcoming and steeped in retro culture and classic gaming. Seems like you're the perfect fit to join us, I'm grateful to Ferg and the Atari 2600 Game By Game Podcast for pointing you our way!

In the meantime take a look around, check out the Marketplace, World Championships, Retro Junk Box, Atari Day, Movie Club, and other fun stuff we have going on. Welcome to Atari I/O!

:pole_position_blimp_big:

I didn't just sign up to plug my writing, of course. The more old-game forums, the better! What was the motivation behind creating Atari-centered message boards that exist separately from AtariAge's? (There's no sarcasm or criticism in that question, by the way; I'm genuinely curious about your hopes for the forums, what led to your enthusiasm for undertaking the big job of running them, etc.)

This is just the evolution of an Atari site I created in 2000. Lots of passion and personal involvement  ^_^

Archived