Justin

Squad Challenge - Dig Dug (Atari 7800)

I love this game - the arcade ports on the 7800 were so good.  I got this cart for Christmas of 1986, along with my 7800 console, and played it to death.  I enjoy it more now that I have the eruo-pads to use instead of being stuck with the painline controllers. 

Me too! I've been playing this week on real hardware using a new 7800 euro controller and it's been pretty good. I had only intended to play one night to get a score on the board but I've become addicted to the game  :dig_dug:

Me too! I've been playing this week on real hardware using a new 7800 euro controller and it's been pretty good. I had only intended to play one night to get a score on the board but I've become addicted to the game  :dig_dug:

I've been using a Sega Genesis 6 button, also on real hardware.

Don't know how much time I will have to play more, but if I get the time and feel ambitious, I might get out my Edladdin Supreme 78, since it has a 4 way mode.

I might get out my Edladdin Supreme 78, since it has a 4 way mode.

Ye Gods!  Stop badgering the NSG everyone!  He's pulling out the heavy artillery!!  NSG - you want to leave that thing packed.  No risk of leaving it behind that way. 

And +1000 points to MightyMattD for sharing the term "Painline controllers".  :emoji-E420:

That's what I love about these challenges - they get you playing those awesome games you have just sitting around.  Thanks so much for doing these!

I've been using a Sega Genesis 6 button, also on real hardware.

Don't know how much time I will have to play more, but if I get the time and feel ambitious, I might get out my Edladdin Supreme 78, since it has a 4 way mode.

Man I didn't know the Edladdin had a 4-way mode - that is really nice.  I totally want one  :)

well Imma post mine here cause mine has been considerably improving ....

gallery_823_11_27243.jpg

using a Sega 6 button Arcade stick ... a 4 way stick would prolly help 

not sure how scores are submitted @ Twin Galaxies .... think video of screen, and console.  controller options might be limited as well to stock pro-line or euro pads ( but not sure )

We're not all that worried about twin galaxies, we're just having fun for nerd cred. 77,420 is a totally respectable score! Idk how these dudes break 100k. Be proud!

for awhile I was thinking ... "no way" ... was getting killed on first screen ... 

well I was able to play through all that ... 

fun little game ... will have to give arcade another try next time I see one ... it was always a quarter waster for me

We're not all that worried about twin galaxies, we're just having fun for nerd cred. 77,420 is a totally respectable score! Idk how these dudes break 100k. Be proud!

Exactly right! And 77,420 is a hell of a good score chas10e, the majority of people can't do what you did. Posts from the first few days were in the 30,000 range.

Exactly right! And 77,420 is a hell of a good score chas10e, the majority of people can't do what you did. Posts from the first few days were in the 30,000 range.

them first few days my score was in the 10k range ....

I did play one game of  Arcade Dig Dug :arcade:  tonight & was the most enjoyable one I played , even though I only made it to 2'nd screen ... I was gonna play a 2'nd one but they were closing for the night :mac_time:  & powered down that section of the arcade  :dig_dug:

they chase you down a little quicker if you doddle ( like I generally do ) ...could be a board-difficulty setting though I suppose