NSG's Toys & More Tuesdays

nosweargamer

1 hour ago, Atari Creep said:

Fun fact, I have NEVER seen Hook. Never apealed to me for some reason.

Hook had a lot going for it (Spielberg, Robin Williams, Dustin Hoffman, John Williams soundtrack), but failed to live up to it's hype. However, it's a decent popcorn flick if you lower your expectations going into. I do like the "losing your marbles" bit.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I used to have a Vtech learning computer when I was little, obviously much more modern than this one. It had an LCD pixel matrix thing, like a cross between Tiger Electronic LCD Games and true Dot Matrix displays like the one seen on Game Boy. Very low resolution. I had a Thomas the Tank Engine learning computer circa 2007 and this one without the license (exact clone of the Thomas one but with a monkey instead of trains) circa 2009. It is very obvious that they were evolutions of this computer.

About that University of Michigan fight song you made early in the video, @nosweargamer. I have a funny story somewhat related to that. A few years ago I found this really cool hat in the basement that happened to fit me perfectly. It was really comfortable and I still wear it to this day. I am not a big sports guy like, at all, so I had no idea that this was a Michigan hat. I only know the sports teams around here that no one will shut up about: the Packers, the Bucks, and the Brewers. I know a few others, like the more famous ones like the Dodgers and the Patriots, but I don't pay much attention to them in the slightest. So, fast-forward to a few months ago, I'm mowing the lawn at my grandparents' house and they are sitting out on the deck talking and stuff.

I'm finished mowing the lawn and I come out onto the deck to join them. I have the hat on as it has sort of become my lawn-mowing hat. The first thing my grandpa says to me is: "Harry, at Christmas I am going to get you a real hat."

I'm like, "What are you talking about? What is wrong with my hat?"

He replies while pointing to the M: "That. We need to get you a hat with Bucky Badger on it instead. You need to be a bit prouder of your state."

I know nothing about sports. I'm completely oblivious. I do really like some sports games, and I do know the rules and things of all of the sports, but I have no idea about any of the non-Wisconsin teams or any players or statistics. I will just stick with Home Run, Ten-Yard Fight and One-on-One for the time being.

Or was it a Michigan state hat? They're different things, right? Sorry, no absolutely nothing about Michigan sports. Just a comfortable hat. It just says Michigan on the inside and has a M on the front of it.

Edited by HDN