NSG's Toys & More Tuesdays

nosweargamer

1 minute ago, Justin said:

Cool! I haven't heard of Leaf Baseball cards before. Are they popular? I always had Topps baseball cards in the '80s. I remember Fleer being the other big competing brand.

In America they were known as Donruss. Some viewed Donruss as cooler and more modern than Topps and Fleer in the late 80s. They were called Leaf in Canada, but I did spot some Leaf cards in Michigan growing up, since we did border Canada.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Just now, nosweargamer said:

In America they were known as Donruss. Some viewed Donruss as cooler and more modern than Topps and Fleer in the late 80s. They were called Leaf in Canada, but I did spot some Leaf cards in Michigan growing up, since we did border Canada.

That's a great bit of knowledge Phil. I was growing up in Rochester at the time, we went over to Windsor fairly regularly. I remember how we'd go shopping in Ontario and Nintendo systems would have the Mattel logo on it which always confused me when I was young. I've heard of Donruss but Leaf wasn't on my radar. Makes much more sense knowing "Leaf" was a Canadian brand 🇨🇦🇺🇸

I don't know much about Baseball cards but I was very into collecting ghtem in the mid 1980s. You've given me something to look into.

After dealing with a small case of burnout (which is pretty common for YouTubers & podcasters), I'm finally back in the swing of things. 
Here's me opeing up some packs of Donruss Pop-Up cards.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube