Kolchak - The Night Stalker & the X-files connection!

MaximumRD

I literally just posted this elsewhere in response to a Favourite 70's TV show thread and by the time I was done thought it was too good not to share here  ;)

Kolchak: The Night Stalker.

A show starring Darren McGavin as Kolchak (the DAD in A Christmas Story movie) a tabloid reporter investigating myths, urban legends and other unbelievable creatures and stories. Seems he would always uncover and come face to face with the truth but typically was unable to convince anyone, kind of like Mr. Mcgee and that damn HULK lol. Chris Carter was even a big fan, so much so that he paid tribute in the recent airing of the new X-files episode in which a Were-Lizard man ( A Lizard Man who turns into a Human by day due to being bitten by a human ) not only had the first name Darren (after Darren McGavin) but appeared in human form wearing an identical outfit as the Kolchak character Darren McGavin portrayed. 

And for comparison here is Kolchak / Darren McGavin and the character dressed as him in that X-files episode. 

kolchak-and-guy.jpg

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Archived