eBay Finds

RickR

The Entex Space Invader is really good.  I know it's a simple game, but they made it very challenging.  Games go quickly, and it's fun to try to top your high score.  Really nice sound effects too.  I also really like how big they made the unit and especially the screen.  I'm going to leave this one out for a while to keep playing it.  If you ever get the chance to get one of these, I highly recommend it.  

I'm pretty sure my original one is floating around somewhere, although I doubt I'll find it. I will be on the lookout for another one.

The EPOCH baseball in "interesting".  It beeps WAY too much. To the point of being annoying.  Beyond annoying.  The game itself is pretty fun, but it's hard to get hits.  I do like that the score is green, and the rest of the LED's are red.  I'm going to guess that most parents ended hiding this one after listening to all those beeps.  Maybe that's why it's in such nice condition.  A 1970's dad couldn't stand it anymore, ripped off the battery cover to remove the batteries (it got lost), and hid this thing away in the attic. 

Today's mail brings Entex Baseball!  This one looks at plays almost identically to the Epoch Baseball a few posts above.   I'd bet they use the same electronics.   But I would guess this one came later.  It really feels like someone play tested Epoch and suggested improvements.  There's less beeping.  Hits come more easily.  It feels more polished and fun.  Still, the missing numeric (and blue) scoreboard is a sad omission.  In any case, this is the better game of the two. 

post-41-0-39709500-1471036355_thumb.jpg

Today's mail brings Entex Baseball!  This one looks at plays almost identically to the Epoch Baseball a few posts above.   I'd bet they use the same electronics.   But I would guess this one came later.  It really feels like someone play tested Epoch and suggested improvements.  There's less beeping.  Hits come more easily.  It feels more polished and fun.  Still, the missing numeric (and blue) scoreboard is a sad omission.  In any case, this is the better game of the two. 

I have a beautiful one of these I really need to work on cleaning up.  The battery compartment has corrosion, but I think its isolated.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I picked up a few (8 different ones) of the Twin Galaxies INTV cards during the 2014 Houston ArcadeExpo. Sent a dup set to a buddy in Metairie, LA., but haven't finished the set though.

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

A "bucket list" item for me.  It's the Sears version of Atari Stunt Cycle.  And it works.  It's very dirty and it needs some repair.  But it's complete and works well. 

I will say that I found myself oddly smiling and giggling while playing this thing.  Took me back -- better than any time machine. 

I'm going to clean it up as well as I can and hold on to this mofo.

post-41-0-67810400-1474944434_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-47366700-1474944436_thumb.jpg