CT60e Expansion Card for Atari Falcon030…

Hi, everybody,

I had heard from a friend and from AtariAge about the news that Rodolphe Czuba, of Czuba-Tech in France, has transferred the license for the CT60 expansion card for the Atari Falcon to someone in Germany. It is going to be redeveloped as the CT60e (the "e" stands for "evolved"). This is a real game changer for the Falcon computer. It could even rival the FireBee with the right stuff in it. I will find out more information about it, but I am understandably curious now. It makes me wish I could afford a Falcon. Bummer. I think that I could find one, though. Eventually…  ;) I wonder. Has anyone heard about this on Atari.io? I am sure some has by now.

yes i fave a Falcon with CT 60 i have bought it in 2002 . Mounted with overclocked main board (directly from Czuba Tech)and 512 mb of ram.

the system is fantastic and very powerful ,new games release make a good use of it. Using some benchmark program is more or less as powerful as my firebee

Cool. I want to get a Falcon, but they can run upwards of USD$2,000.00 or more in value. If I do ever get one, I want the new CT60e booster for it. It certainly might be more compatible than the FireBee with older Atari software. That's my reason for getting a Falcon, anyway. The FireBee has a 264 MHz Coldfire processor, that I understand. But, it uses 10% software emulation. At least, that is what I have heard. Actually, I wouldn't mind getting both. Best of both worlds, eh? :)

Archived